Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2002, 03:32 AM   #31
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

What happened? I didnt mean to post that twice, sorry
Old 10-29-2002, 03:44 AM   #32
Legolas
Jack Burton

I bet it was just the heating
Old 10-29-2002, 05:24 AM   #33
The Trickster
Manshoon

Deathkiller, the answer became obvious to me as soon as you mentioned the tentacles!

Lord Shield, I've told you once, I've told you twice, stop trying to scare people!!! It's just not amusing!

I tell you what though, I'm not sue if you're having us all on Arledrian, but that sure as hell would have scared the crap out of me! I would have left that room immediately and gone and huddled up next to my girlfriend's mother just to get away from it!

Hey, does anyone else's eyes water when they hear something really freaky?
<br /><br />Movie Reviewer for Ironworks Gaming<br />Hero of Icewind Dale and alias to The Nameless One, Gordon Freeman, Garrett, Elayna Sedai, Cate Archer, Child of Bhaal, J.C Denton and Patrick Galloway.<br />Leader in the war against commercial music.
Old 10-29-2002, 08:45 AM   #34
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

The problem with this entire idea is that you were alone. You really need a witness.

Something like this could have never have happened to me though. Back in the day, any heavy breathing at all in my girlfriend's house while I was there brought her father running. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 10-29-2002, 08:46 AM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 10-29-2002, 08:52 AM   #35
whacky
Emerald Dragon

The inportant thing is to realize "Never sleep at your girlfriends house" [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] j/k
Old 10-29-2002, 12:34 PM   #36
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Just a little thing-sometimes at night I hear breathing too. At first i got really freaked and panicked but then we did some research to the history of my house and the last owners had a teenage daughter, Abbey. She died at home from an overdose of ecstasy on her 16th birthday party.
We believe we have her as a semi-benovelant poltergeist...it's sort of freaky and cool at the same time. You know, things go missing and turn up in odd places, yesterday a 50p piece just dropped from the air and hit my dad on the head, but all my mum did was put her hands on her hips and say "Stop it, Abbey!" and it did!
Apparently when i was small my mum heard some noises from my bedroom and came up to see what was happening...I was playing with a toy (she couldn't remember which) and when she asked what i was up to I smiled innocently and said "I'm playing with Abbey mummy."
I scare my friends like that ^_^
Old 10-29-2002, 12:43 PM   #37
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by The Trickster:
I would have left that room immediately and gone and huddled up next to my girlfriend's mother just to get away from it!
LOL ben! hehehe, erm you would have done that right??? *stares blankly* lol, your girf friends MOTHER? why not your GF? lol, besides, your Gf's mother might think your moooooooooooooooore then a little odd, and tell her daughter to stay away from you [img]tongue.gif[/img] . lol, I speak in jest. ...kind of

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
I scare my friends like that ^_^
Your begining to scare ME too... lol.

[ 10-29-2002, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Old 10-29-2002, 12:49 PM   #38
chrisofthedale
Account Removed by Request

ive seen ghost on countless occassions, the usuall for me is pairs of red eyes with a black body outline. my sister has seen a little girls run down the hall and into the wall and disapear from here room.
Old 10-29-2002, 01:50 PM   #39
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Sheesh - did someone mention Tin again - next they will be warbling on about the equally damned and thrice unmentionable Aluminium (note that last "i" fellas) foil.

I am sure if the haunted parties try a search of this forum using the key word silver they would be able to access all the previous advice on this topic, and a damn fine dissertation on valence and atomic weight and the total unsuitability of the commercial foils.

Silver foil is indeed the only answer - I have the latest address of Argent Articles - they have moved - for all your anti-poltergiest needs, now go to :

Argent Articles
21 Mountebank Plaza
Riding Hood
Tenessee

Thank you, and good day.
Ordinarily, I'd make some silly wisecrack, too. I don't think you take things like this seriously unless something strange actually happens to you. I'm not joking though; I know what I heard. I'm really not the kind of person to scream 'there are ghosts, vampires and little green-eyed monsters under my bed!' This is the first time I've ever had anything like this happen to me. I tried to think of any possible cause, but it was so obviously a young woman breathing, that I discounted anything like pets, heating, wind, or any other factor.

I don't want to make this an epic kind of 'oh, I'm all spiritual and ghostly now, take your materialism and shove it up your arse' thread. It's just a strange occurance and I wanted to talk about it.

[ 10-29-2002, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Arledrian ]

Old 10-29-2002, 02:16 PM   #40
Keraptisdm
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:
I bet it was just the heating
That's what I was going to say. Different house, different sounds. The forced air furnace could sound like breathing when running. Turn on lights, nothing there. Rememeber there are supply and return air ducts in most forced air systems. Probably one right behind the couch you were sleeping on too.

[ 10-29-2002, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: Keraptisdm ]