Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 09-19-2004, 05:53 AM   #1
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

Arrow

wen i play the game all i do is kill every1 i meet and this is a problem. i killed karrielle because she had a weapon and now i cant complete the warlock quest because there are no more spider eggs... i guess im evil

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 07:43 AM   #2
Taski
The Magister

Therefore you may change the "security" in the options menu to guarded or even safe - then the direct link to the dark force is blocked [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2004, 09:04 AM   #3
HSchilliger
Welcomed New User

Killing Kerrielle doesn't prevent you from becoming Warlock. She doesn't even have a spider egg at all.
There are several spiders which all may or may not drop an egg in the game. 1 is in the millhouse downstairs, 1 is halfway between Kerrielle's place and the gypsy house, 3 are in the Serpent Temple where you'll get the spider nectar. These are the stationary ones that comes to my mind. Also several are random encounters which you'll may run into almost everywhere in the wilderness.
HSchilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 10:46 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, burnzey boi!!!

Killing Kerrielle only prevents you from doing her quest which can be interesting but will not prevent you from playing the rest of the game.

As Taski suggested, you can change your security options so that you can't as easily kill a friendly NPC.

Another option would be to reset your adventures and start again with the same characters - they'll keep their experience and almost everything except for any quest items you may have picked up. Resetting your adventures can be a nice way to build up characters early in the game.

Keep us posted on how your game is going!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 11:23 AM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Welcome to the board. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

All spiders carry an egg. That you can either pickpocket from them or hope they will drop it when you kill them. They do not drop it all the time, though. However, they spawn randomly, so with a little patience you will run into one or two.
Old 09-19-2004, 11:52 AM   #6
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Welcome to the board...

hum... Killing Kerille does have a negative effect tho... you miss out on getting a trait in the Serpent Temple... [trying to be as vague as possible in order to avoid giving any spoilers...]
Old 09-19-2004, 07:35 PM   #7
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Actually not. One does not have to have the elixir in order to get the trait. One can still run past Xydusa without killing her first time around.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:54 PM   #8
So So
Zhentarim Guard

hum interesting... I never knew that... I guess I just got used to using the elixir on her... I mean who can resist killing a woman who looks like a snake?
Old 09-19-2004, 11:02 PM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, burnzey! May life in the Gale Serran quench your appetite for adventure [img]smile.gif[/img]

Believe me... there are tons of eggs out there. Once you get past Ishad N'ha, you'll pick up a very large number of them in random encounters.

Ermm.... you *did* get the one from the basement of Kerielle's tower, didn't you? There are also several of them just waiting in the Serpent Temple, too...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 11:21 PM   #10
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Welcome, burnzey!

Not sure if it's actually a set encounter, but there's always, for me at least, been a spider that always drops an egg just south of the Kerah Altar on the west side of Nymph Lake.
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote