Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2001, 06:14 AM   #11
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Ooooh! Rub it in guys, why not?
Weekends are an all-too-short blip of serenity and happiness in the midst of the chaos....

Neb, make the most of your school days mate - at least the end is in sight. Once you start work, you realise you'll be there till you die - there is no end, no escape, no way out, and the light at the end of the tunnel really is an oncoming train....
(yep, it's Monday alright)

Not true..... I escaped.......... (Admittedly, I'm quite poor now.... )Looking forward to a week of writing mornings, painting afternoons - but first, two days of showing Diogenes round Brighton and surrounding areas..... Hurrah!!

------------------

Most Ecstatic and Exotic Mistress of the Illuminati
Old 10-15-2001, 08:08 AM   #12
Davros
Takhisis Follower

And what a stunningly fantastic Monday it was . I got the opportunity to return the Laptop and mobile phone of the Digestion Supervisor (which I have had for the last 3 weeks) to the regular guy, and wander back over and pick up my usual laptop and mobile phone (Process Supervisor). WOOHOO - after 3 weeks of hell, all I can say is - "I LOVE MY JOB!!!!!!!"

Another good thing was that I could then knock off at the regular time of 3:30 rather than being in the mode of "work back until you can start to see that under that mass of work there is a desk made of wood".

Aaaah, the sky seems bluer, the cloudlets fluffier, and ....... I again had the energy to cook for myself rather than get take out. Oh happy day..... oh happy happy day..... HUGS TO ALL

------------------

Ironworks Revolutionary Splitter wannabe
Founding Member, and General Demands Adviser of the O.R.T.
Old 10-15-2001, 08:21 AM   #13
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Not true..... I escaped.......... (Admittedly, I'm quite poor now.... )Looking forward to a week of writing mornings, painting afternoons - but first, two days of showing Diogenes round Brighton and surrounding areas..... Hurrah!!

I think that's a very brave move. Not brave enough to try it myself though. Every time I feel like jacking it in to try something interesting instead, the word *mortgage* floats through my brain like a harbinger of doom.

Where are you planning to take Diogenes? I know Brighton very well, since my bf is from that area (well, Burgess Hill actually). Brighton is his favourite place on the entire planet, and I think because of that it is my only escape route out of London.

(If it were up to me, and me alone, I would sell my London flat, buy a cheap house in the country, grow my own vegetables and do arty things and archaeology. Unfortunately, bf sees this as hell on earth. I would rather keep bf and ditch the dream - my dreams would be nothing if he were not part of them *sappy cow*)

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-15-2001, 10:54 AM   #14
Donut
Jack Burton

It's still morning in the US & that's my days work done. Off to the pub.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Don't mention the score - I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!
Old 10-15-2001, 11:02 AM   #15
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Monday!!!!!! First day of school, autumn vacation is OVER!!!!!!!
The last few years, especially the new year, school has gone from bad to worse to worst to... you get the picture. I start crying whenever I think of the ton of work I have to do and DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO DO. We're writing a math test on Wednesday - I know less about the subject than I did before we started it (bad teacher, eh?). I still have a ton of homework for tomorrow, I do not know what to do!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Yorick. Didn't mean to fall apart in your thread. At least I feel much better now.

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Guardian of the Temple of Aerie (specialized in GenCon and BG)
Magess of Lady Lioness' Court
Historian of IW
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Once Upon A Paper Writer's Forum