Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2002, 08:12 PM   #1
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

You and your best friend both like the same girl. What do you do?
Old 05-29-2002, 08:14 PM   #2
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

I would let the girl decide. Nothing is as good as some healthy competition. If she decides on one or the other, the one that's 'left out' so to speak shouldn't dwell on it.
Old 05-29-2002, 08:15 PM   #3
Legolas
Jack Burton

Is this poll based on your own personal situation?

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Old 05-29-2002, 08:21 PM   #4
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by the new JR Jansen:
I would let the girl decide. Nothing is as good as some healthy competition. If she decides on one or the other, the one that's 'left out' so to speak shouldn't dwell on it.
Assuming I were a guy (kinda tough [img]tongue.gif[/img] )... I would let my friend know I was interested in the same person as he (after all, if we're that close, I wouldn't want him to be the last person to find out and suspect I'm backstabbing him). Then I'll sound the girl out to see if she'll give me a chance. If she does, then it'll be a fair competition but ultimately the girl has the final say.
Old 05-29-2002, 08:31 PM   #5
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Don't let it be a competition between friends, let the girl decide, and if you feel that there will be hard feelings either way, then stick with your friend, and move on and forget the girl. Definately don't let any girl play yall on eachother, if she truly has feelings for one of you, then she will blatantly show it and there will be no question.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 05-29-2002, 08:39 PM   #6
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Don't let it be a competition between friends, let the girl decide, and if you feel that there will be hard feelings either way, then stick with your friend, and move on and forget the girl. Definately don't let any girl play yall on eachother, if she truly has feelings for one of you, then she will blatantly show it and there will be no question.
The competition remark wasn't maybe the best way of saying it. I mean that if you let the girl decide, you both can agree to persue her and that after she makes her choice on one of you or neither of you, that's it. After that you shouldn't dwell on it. If she didn't choose you, she obviously felt more for the other guy. It's her choice, not yours.
Old 05-29-2002, 08:48 PM   #7
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

why dont you just SHARE the girl and knock off all the possesiveness!!
Old 05-29-2002, 08:51 PM   #8
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
why dont you just SHARE the girl and knock off all the possesiveness!!
You from Utah ? Oh no, from New York, ah well.
Old 05-29-2002, 08:57 PM   #9
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

JR Jansen - Well I guess it depends on how you look at it. I look at that kind of thing, i.e, wherein a girl dates two guys, who are aware that she is dating them both, and is supposed to eventually decide on one to pick, that THAT is a competition for the guys. They may be friends, but still it is a competition nevertheless. Depends on the friendship, some friendships may survive, and some may crumble because of who ends up the winner and/or the loser. Loser may have hard feelings which might affect their friendship in a negative way. Again, it all depends on the people, but still a definite possiblity.

Again, I agree that the woman should decide in that type of situation, and not take her time with that either. I just think that if a woman in that situation wouldn't choose one guy right off the bat, then that means she isn't sure at all, and who knows what she will choose, and/or how long that will last either, and is that worth risking a friendship for? Again, this is just a hypothetical scenario, not necessarily anywhere near pertaining to Willard's situation.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 05-29-2002, 09:00 PM   #10
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
if the friendship is real, nothing can come between it, not even a girl. I have to admit those friendships are pretty rare though.