Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2003, 10:08 AM   #1
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I recently had good ol' Carsomyr +6 set a new damage record for our group. Previously, the record most HP in our group was Nalia with 66 HP on an Ochre Jelly, using Abu-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting. However, this Sunday, fighting Fierkragge, I landed 80 HP on the red bugger.
Old 01-21-2003, 01:18 PM   #2
madjim
The Magister

Question Mark

Hmm - how did you get the sword BEFORE fighting the red dragon?
madjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 01:33 PM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by madjim:
Hmm - how did you get the sword BEFORE fighting the red dragon?
One might also ask how he made Carsomyr+6 before meeting Cespenar, but just to let the people know...

... Import.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 01:52 PM   #4
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Or cheat
Old 01-21-2003, 01:55 PM   #5
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Hey, it's not cheating. The game has a button that says, "Import Character File". I just use the same one over and over and over.
Old 01-21-2003, 01:56 PM   #6
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

ROTFLMAO ..... next time I need a lawyer, I'll call you. Looks like you can find loopholes everywhere. ;P

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 02:07 PM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I knew it was the Import Exploit, because a similar question popped up several months ago when another member asked how Attalus got so-and-so at that stage in the game.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 04:07 PM   #8
Raistlin Majere
Ra

theres really nothing wrong with importing. i just dont like the amount of power you get so early in the game. i mean, you have equipped youre full plate mail +18 and Sword of Death +25, boots of speed and all the rest. you have an AC of -100 and a thaco of -200. kinda takes the thrill out of the fights with goblins and cambions in the early game. not to say something like vampires, which are supposed to be hard. whack him with youre sword, "Gargath deals 589 damage on Hareishan - Hareishan 'death'"

Yippee, the thrill roleplaying

[ 01-21-2003, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: Raistlin Majere ]

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 06:28 PM   #9
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Ah, but you forget that you are supposed to be the all-powerful Bhaalspawn, much better than any NPC. I am now going through the game for the tenth time, so obviously I enjoy it. I actually find it is more role-playing to me to use the same sword, armor, etc, all of the time, like Arthur and Excalibur. My son, Piestrider, gets exasperated with me for that, because he changes weapons around all of the time. I don't like challenges like the folks that download the Improved Abigazail. If I could, I'd download the Actually Less Powerful Mellisan. Different strokes for different folks.
Old 01-21-2003, 11:06 PM   #10
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

kinda like my step-brother who only buys a game after he's searched the net and game mags for *every* cheat there is for said game (he has a few diaries just for game cheats). First thing apon loading up any game, enable all weapons, enable god-mode, enable anything else that makes him god and turns all oposition into worms. Personally, I find movies and books more engaging if all you're going to do is view the plot.