Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 11-26-2001, 02:22 PM   #21
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Favourite battle?
I'll have to say against that mage (forgot his name:embarrased: ) in Cloakwood mines..
The guy with the key to the hole..where the water coomes in, you know who I mean.. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir ReGiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 02:24 PM   #22
Campino

*thinking*

Could Sir Regin be thinking of Davaeorn??
Old 11-26-2001, 05:21 PM   #23
Midget Gems

I'm glad that lots of you agreed with me about the bar-room-brawl, but I was sure that someone would ask about the 'Double Trouble' option. Looks like you've all done it already!

Sometimes it can be satisfying to win a battle against all the odds, such as when entering a room where the starting position is bad or when ambush by tough monsters like the Wyverns. Recently my Level 1/2 party was abmushed by a Lesser Basilisk and 3 Wolves (Six, didn't you say you got the same?) - we took it in turn to shoot, melee and then heal - when the dust settled we had about a dozen HP left between the 5 of us and a nice bonus for out XP. Still feels good.
Old 11-27-2001, 03:36 AM   #24
dex_man
Dungeon Master

As much as I love that bar room brawl my personal favourite would have to be the gnoll fortress I cleaned up the whole place using only my level 3 paladin all within 1 day god it was so much fun, then it'd have to be the fight on the top of the iron throne building did that one with just imoen had her stealthed one of the mages kept respawning and i kept killing him so much xp dang i enjoyed that
dex_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 10:30 PM   #25
chinese noodle
Manshoon

someone mentioned a 'thieves maze' i have finished the game before, what is this?
Old 11-28-2001, 03:32 PM   #26
Midget Gems

When I refered to the Thieves Maze I ment the Maze under the Thieves Guild in Chapter 7. This is where the Skeleton Warriors hang out (84HP and magic resistance). Now if only I could get some of these guys with an 'Animate Dead' spell that would be so cool!
Old 11-28-2001, 04:31 PM   #27
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Bit o' a BG2 Spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I think Mages CAN summon those guys--but it's a really high-level version of the Animate Dead spell. (Anyone ever find a scroll of Animate Dead, Shadow Door, or Polymorph Other in BG1 or ToSC? I haven't. )
Old 11-28-2001, 04:36 PM   #28
Sorcerer Alex

They do exist in BG/TOTSC, I know that for a fact, but I've yet to find them myself.
Old 11-28-2001, 08:51 PM   #29
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

The so-called Thieve's Warren. That is the maze underneath the Thieve's Guild that leads to the Undercity.
Old 12-03-2001, 11:20 AM   #30
Spacemoose
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I prefer allowing Xan to battle the Rabid Chickens whilst the rest of party make mocking comments from the side.

"Why did Xan cross the Road?"

"Because he rolled a critical miss against a chicken"
Spacemoose is offline   Reply With Quote