Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 11-01-2005, 11:44 PM   #1
SecretMaster
Apophis

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2005/2014.html
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/i...owtopic=183563

EDIT: Official annoucement:

So Todd and I were talking last night and decided that we, or I, should post something on the forums to try and bring fans up-to-speed on what's up. So here goes.

In short, the game is coming out in early 2006 because it isn't done yet. We still have things that need to be done before the game is released. So we continue to optimize, test, balance, etc. We've already gone way beyond what we did in any game previously in playtesting and balancing this game. Way beyond. But there is work that needs to be done and so development continues to go on pretty much around the clock. We will not put out a more specific date until we are certain we will be ready then. Like system specs, we aren't fans of putting out info that changes later on and only confuses or annoys our fans.

We have a number of site updates planned between now and the game's release that we hope to do on a regular basis each week. We'll do the best we can to make it every week, but understand that sometimes PR/marketing stuff gets in the way of game development and so it has to get set aside sometimes for the good of the game (and the people making it). We'll be updating the Codex in stages, adding new concept art, screens, etc. in the coming weeks and months. We're open to doing another fan interview in the coming weeks as well to let you ask what it is you think we aren't telling you. In short, we aren't holding out on you, we just don't want to be done telling you about the game before it comes out.

We appreciate your patience and continued support and ensure you that your dedication will be rewarded with what we think is the best RPG you've ever played.

Best,

Pete (and Todd)

[ 11-05-2005, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: SecretMaster ]
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 04:05 AM   #2
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

The thing that bothers me is Bethesda not dropping a single line of the slightest information.

A simple 'yes' 'no' or 'it's not true and somebody made a mistake' would suffice. How friggin hard is that?!
Old 11-02-2005, 11:54 PM   #3
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Personally, I think Bethesoft has a confidentiality agreement with take two, and won't say anyything because of that.

Thats only speculation mind you, but it makes sense. I've seen some devs on the forum, but no posting.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 06:38 AM   #4
Stratos
Vampire

I thought the game was more or less finished already.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:24 AM   #5
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:
I thought the game was more or less finished already.
They were still optimizing the game to get a better overall performance. However in a magazine in Europe that was released maybe a month ago said they were 80% done with game.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:41 PM   #6
SecretMaster
Apophis

Bump with official annoucement on my main post.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:22 PM   #7
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Well, as long as this game is the best, I don't mind the delay [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2005, 01:08 AM   #8
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

I'm glad they've decided to reply after all.

I'm sad it had to take a week.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:00 AM   #9
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Oh well, at least it gives us a little bit more time to get that rig up to spec...
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 11:12 AM   #10
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Yeah, but then again, I had to by a new game to tide me over... so... I really don't care, quite frankly. About the delay, I mean.