Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2001, 06:33 AM   #1
Hoggar
Welcomed New User

Slight Spoiler.

Well, this might be a dead horse that we've flogged a few times already, but I don't remember any of it so here goes. What is the best/funniest/most boring of the strongholds?

Personally, I've only gotten 3, the Keep, the Guild and the Knighthood. It seems to me the Guild is the most boring of these, although I havn't payed that much attention to what happens to it in the later stages, if you get cool missions or something. The Keep rocks, you get a whole castle that's really fun taking and that doesn't need very much attention later on, but still can provide you with some good fun now and then, especially if you've played with Nalia and followed that string to the end. To be a knight is great fun too, the missions you get are really well done and very knightish. However, if it ends with those 3 missions, which I did in a row, it doesn't provide me with the lasting fun the Keep does.

So whatcha think?
Old 01-12-2001, 09:58 AM   #2
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

The fighter and bard strongholds are my favourites.
Old 01-12-2001, 10:35 AM   #3
Migosh

Spoiler..

The worst ive yet seen is the Druid one. No quests, no extra cool quipment or money. Not even realy an extra plot at all. I am yet to try some others, like the cleric one and I am pretty sure the paladin one would be interesting but the druid one was a big disapointment.. I jsut kept thinking thats it?

Old 01-12-2001, 10:51 AM   #4
Arak

You do get quests as a Druid, not many, 2 i think if i didn't miss any.

Old 01-12-2001, 03:09 PM   #5
G.W.

I thought the keep was going to be boring and opted to take the thieves guild instead for my fighter-thief. I will have to try it out. Now to find that save where I had Nalia's keep...

Old 01-12-2001, 07:52 PM   #6
Penguin Boy

I agree completely, the Druid Stronghold is nothing more than a mere cave. Of course, everything the Druid gets is schort-changed. It makes me mad. See my post, My Rant, to see a in-depth discussion about how the Druid gets screwed at every turn

Old 01-12-2001, 07:58 PM   #7
"Hell Lich" Wah

Well the Ranger just has a shabby cabin!! So who's it gonna be Rangers or Druid?

I love the fighter's stronghold - really cool!!

Old 01-12-2001, 08:55 PM   #8
Archlich Azuth

The worst is the mages. one crappy guy making crappy potions, at least the durid and ranger get a magic summoning stuate, at the end of their quests.

Old 01-12-2001, 11:49 PM   #9
Saithana

I disagree. The most boring is the Cleric of Lathander. Once you have the "stronghold" you get *nothing*. No money, no items, no potions, no scrolls. You don't even get a building of your own - you just get to share the building in the Temple district.

During the quests to get the stronghold you get a couple of forgettable items. You also get the chance to *spend* lots of money on that arrogant sculptor.

As far as I can see the only thing you get is the ability to rest in the temple without anyone bugging you.

Cheers
Craig

Old 01-13-2001, 02:50 PM   #10
NytesHalo

The ranger one isn't bad. I love my little Moon Dog Statue that you get at the end of it, but the quests were a bit too easy. The castle I haven't played through all the way yet. Working on a druid also, but not expecting a lot from there