Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 10-18-2002, 11:28 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Friday, October 18, 2002

Icewind Dale II Beta Patch 2.01 Official
Friday, October 18, 2002, 18:53 | MageDragon
Black Isle Studios has released the official patch version 2.01 for Icewind Dale II.

NEW STUFF

Added a new character script, "Fighter Generic", which acts very similar to Fighter Aggressive, but does NOT do weapon switching.
Added new powerful armor into stores and random treasure tables in the later portion of the game.

GENERAL

Added retries to help those who are having problems with random assertion message crashes in "chdatatypes.cpp" and other spots where assertion messages come up during loading.
Fixed crash problem with Glyph of Warding spell on Kyro-based video cards.
Fixed crash when viewing the inventory or choosing an appearance when using a Kyro-based video card.
Fixed problem with music not fading properly at the end of loading a level or save game.
Fixed a problem where some players could not continue into Day 4 in Dragon's Eye.
Fixed problem with only one Protection from Electricity effect ever being applied to the player in the Chamber of Sorcery.
Fixed potential problem with completing quest to clear the River Caves of monsters for the Duergar.
Fixed problem with being able to permanently kill the Iron Monks in the Chamber of Battle.
Fixed a problem with blank screenshots showing up during auto-saved games.
Fixed a crash with viewing item descriptions in the Inventory when in 24-bit color mode.

DIALOG/NPC

Made a number of changes to various monster and NPC scripts (in part to fix problems with exploitation of Otliuke's Resilient Sphere).
Fixed unlimited XP bug with Drothan's dialog.
Nickademus is no longer a game-critical character when the player returns to the Ice Temple after Dragon's Eye.
Modified Toral's dialog to include Cleric of Bane responses.
Fixed potential cutscene hang with Venomin in Dragon's Eye.

EFFECTS/SPELLS

Charm: Fixed problem with animals always being charmed even if you leave an an area and return.
Disguise: Fixed crash bug when loading a save game with a player that has the Disguise effect (the most common problem occurring from robes) and having a shield in Weapon Combo 1, and a crossbow or bow as the currently selected weapon.
Eagle's Splendor: Necromancers can now scribe Eagle's Splendor into their spellbooks.
Energy Drain: Fixed a problem with people who died with Energy Drain active, causing the game to become more and more sluggish, particularly in multiplayer. This was reported when using the Scimitar of Souls/Soulless.
Improved Invisibility: Fixed reported problems with Improved Invisibility not always providing a targeting circle after an attack is made.
Lingering Song: Benefits from Lingering Song no longer apply to neutrals and enemies.
Tensor's Transformation now disables spell buttons instead of removing them.
Fixed a number of problems with incorrect saving throw types and DC's on a variety of spells.

INTERFACE

Fixed a problem with the user interface switching back to level 1 spells when selecting spells while certain other effects were active.
Fixed crash when selling unidentified items in bags to store keepers.
Fixed random crash/lockup when clicking on the World Map.
Fixed a problem with keyboard shortcuts not always working for "Equip Melee" and "Equip Ranged"
Fixed problem with Clerics who level up as Sorcerers or Bards not being able to select spells that overlap their domain spells.

ITEMS

Fixed problem with purchasing certain stackable items and only receiving one of a particular stack instead of the entire stack and still paying full price.
Fixed problem with stacks of multiple items purchased in stores being reduced to the single item price if the player sells an item before hitting the 'Buy' button.
Lyre of Progression: Still goes into the Shield slot, but no longer causes penalties to spell casting, attack rolls, or skills.
Made statistic and descriptions changes to a big number of items throughout the game.

RULES

Fixed a problem where rolling a natural 20 was still not permitting a player to hit a monster that had AC far greater than the player's normal ability to hit.
Bards now correctly use Charisma modifier for spell DC's instead of Intelligence.
Fixed problem with equipped items that enhance saving throws interfering with Paladin's bonuses to saving throws.
Fixed half-save problem with Improved Evasion feat when failing a save.
Racial modifiers are now only applied after Character Creation is completed (fixes problem with racial modifiers being added to a character when selecting a race and almost completing Character Creation, and then going back and changing it to another race).
Fixed problem with incorrect Turn Undead calculation of multiclassed Paladins and Clerics.

SCRIPTS

Fixed problem with Hide() command not being reset for scripts. This should fix rogue-based scripts that are intended to automatically hide a rogue.

[ 05-26-2003, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 11:49 PM   #2
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

I tryed to download it with netAnts but keeps saying problem at source so I guess I'll wait until tomarrow but thanks anyway.
Old 10-19-2002, 02:19 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

"Made a number of changes to various monster and NPC scripts (in part to fix problems with exploitation of Otliuke's Resilient Sphere)."

Noooooooooooooooooooooo. They caught on to us
Old 10-19-2002, 02:46 PM   #4
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

The link provided by Larry_OHF goes to another web page. You will need to disable your download manager and click onto the link.
Old 10-20-2002, 08:52 PM   #5
Lord Corwin
The Magister

Thanks for the Link Larry_OHF !!!

Worked just fine for me....
Old 10-21-2002, 12:03 AM   #6
masteraleph
Elminster

There are also quite a number of other ones on in the post but that aren't on the readme. Among them is some new armor in some shops (inserted with scripts, so that it'll show up even if you've already encountered the sellers), and also nerfs to Animate Dead (stops doing anything new after lvl 10) and Improved Invisibility.
masteraleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 03:27 AM   #7
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

Here's a couple of more misc. changes not in the readme

Quote:
- Fixed client monks don't see the feedback results of using Empty Body.
- Fixed a problem that would cause Oswald's ship to disappear prematurely from the Ice Temple.
- Fixed a problem where Energy Drain might not show up after loading a game.
- Fixed some minor item description bugs.
- Fixed problem if character was hidden in shadows, he couldn't leave dialog with a Mezro Warrior.
- Fixed a particular problem with Ennelia quest repeating same line of dialogue after saving Braston.
- Fixed problem with multi-classed Barbarian/Druids losing shapeshifting ability when choosing Wild Shape: Panther and Extra Wild Shape AND getting a second Barbarian Rage.
- Fixed problem with Melf's Minute Meteors giving semi-permanent 5 attacks/round.
- Oagla'ta, a character in a premade party has been given Oagla'ta's Dead Cat Snack.
- Fixed a couple spelling errors here and there.
- Fixed some reported problems people were having with Torak.
- Fixed a problem with the Battle Square swapping a character for another in your party.
- Tweaks made to the Guardian to ignore Otiluke's Resilient Sphere.
- Modified the spellcasting routines for Izbelah.
- Changed Madae's spellcasting routines a bit.
- Removed the 'Critical Path Flag' from some characters that didn't need it after certain events occurred (for example, Nikodemus)
- Fixed a couple saving throw bugs with spells.

There are some other changes as well, but that patch.txt covers most of the big ones reported here.

One sort of big change is that we nerfed Animate Dead to only summon a maximum of level 10 critters, and also tweaked some of the undead stats.

Darren
Darren is one of the BIS guys.

I can't wait to see the new Armor they added though.
Old 10-22-2002, 09:59 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Question Mark

Thanks for the link Larry. That's quite a lot of fixes - I haven't actually had any problems with IWD2 at all, maybe I'm just lucky or something. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 09:24 AM   #9
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

Even with the patch I'm still getting problems where the screen "freezes" for no apparent reason and I have to reboot.
The 1st Black Isle game to give me any problems.
Old 11-18-2002, 03:31 PM   #10
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Whats your specs mate? Have you made any modifications to your game and, I assumed you are fully patched - the latest one right?

[ 11-18-2002, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]