Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2001, 05:32 PM   #1
Tom
Elminster

Here are a few tricks!!!

1=Cast otilukes something sphere on imoen in chapter 1, she can move in the sphere(check resistances)
2=if you have a wizard knowing melfs minute meteor, cast it and put a dagger in the offhand, you can use the melee dagger as ranged, like arkanis gath!

If you want, you can add some more tricks! To this thread!!
Old 05-14-2001, 05:44 PM   #2
Lord Shield

You don't need the sphere. That belt stops her from ever dying in Chapter 1, I believe

Old 05-14-2001, 05:45 PM   #3
Nostron
Manshoon

kewl i try it

------------------
That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Old 05-14-2001, 06:35 PM   #4
Gimlee
Elminster

I don't remember, but does she still has it when you get her back?

------------------

See the ravaging effects of smoke!
Old 05-14-2001, 07:13 PM   #5
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Gimlee:
I don't remember, but does she still has it when you get her back?

nope. it's plot immunity for chapter 1

Old 05-15-2001, 01:10 AM   #6
Desuma_Malevois

When you get the start up screen for BG2, click on "configure", then move the slider that controls the game difficulty to its lowest setting, then create your character. This will result in the character being given maximum hit points. Then you can save the game, quit, and reconfigure the difficulty to whatever difficulty setting you want.

Here's a little trick I've discovered for fighter/thief or cleric/thief characters that I've never seen documented anywhere. Carry a suit of heavy armor with you, say plate mail. Now sneak up on your target by using the thief's stealth ability and pause the game just before you backstab. Change into the heavy armor (it's allowed as long as combat hasn't been initiated), return to the game, and backstab. You will still get the increased damage bonus!

I've posted both of these tricks in other threads, and just thought I'd post them again here to keep them together.

Old 05-15-2001, 04:46 AM   #7
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Since when does the armor your wearing have to do with damage bonus?

------------------
Welcome to hell.
Old 05-17-2001, 07:20 PM   #8
Desuma_Malevois

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
Since when does the armor your wearing have to do with damage bonus?

I'm referring to the thief's backstabbing damage multiplier. In theory, the only armors that thieves may wear to use their stealth abilities and, ultimately, backstab their victims are leather, studded leather, and elfin chain. My previous post showed a way that a fighter or cleric/thief can backstab wearing heavier armor. Is this any clearer?

Old 05-17-2001, 07:33 PM   #9
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

yes.

------------------
Welcome to hell.