Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-22-2004, 08:47 AM   #31
Blunderbuss
Zhentarim Guard

I've been in hospital earlier this year and had two operations. One for appendicitus and one because I then had a blockage. I know that your situation is much worse but I realise how hard it is to go back to hospital and not just try to ignore your problems. It's a very brave thing to do.

Good luck and I hope you're back soon. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2004, 12:25 PM   #32
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by VulcanRider:
quote:
Originally posted by Cerek:
Once the colon is removed, the surgeon will actually sew "anal aperture" closed.
...and the mental image of Dan Ackroyd in "Coneheads" flashes thru my mind... [/QUOTE]LOLOLOLOLOL!!!! Yeah, that skit was what originally inspired my use of the term "anal aperture" - although I mainly used it to describe people that have less than endearing personalities. But it also fit in this situation - allowing me to explain the operation in more detail without violating the language restrictions.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:59 AM   #33
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Thank you all for the prayers and words of support and encouragement. It means more than I could ever say.

I've been pretty busy over the last few weeks, trying to get everything ready at home and at work before going in for surgery. Now the time has come and my surgery will be tomorrow afternoon at 1pm.

I will be online throughout the day today, but then I will be gone for about a week - until I return home from the hospital. While I can get email messages delivered to my room at the hospital, they do NOT have internet access for the patients themselves. So I can't get online to let you know how things are going.

Never fear, though. I will give an update as soon as I return home. Then I will be home for about 6 weeks recovering from the surgery, so I will most likely be online a LOT during that time.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:11 AM   #34
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Thats good to hear Cerek, I wish you good luck, so untill I see your update, have errrr fun...if thats possible [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2005, 10:14 AM   #35
Melusine
Dracolisk

Best of luck Cerek. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed and keeping you in my thoughts. Take care.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:39 PM   #36
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Best wishes tomorrow, Cerek. I'll join the contingent of well-wishers.

See you soon.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:53 PM   #37
Absynthe

Cerek, I sincerely wish you the best in this surgery. I look forward to you being here more afterwards, but I'll miss you while you're gone.
May you have an easy time of it, and a speedy recovery afterwards.

Old 01-02-2005, 10:57 PM   #38
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Once again, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, wishing you a successful surgery, and a quick recovery. Will see you when you return Cerek, recover with Ironworks. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 01-02-2005, 11:20 PM   #39
Absynthe

Well Cerek, I was going to say that I hope it all comes out well in the end, but that's contrary to the point of the procedure... Anyway, I'm sure the docs will have this all sewn up in no time, and then you'll really have it in the bag.

p.s.,
My apologies for the crappy pun.

Old 01-03-2005, 03:07 AM   #40
dplax
Jack Burton

Hope it turns out the best for you Cerek! Best of luck for the surgery and hope you have a fast recovery!