Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-04-2001, 02:07 AM   #11
Dimension X
Dungeon Master

Level 40...
I wonder how much longer that will take.
And at that point of time, we'll be gods already...
Imagine Jon Irenicus begging for mercy...
Hmm...
Appealing..

[And Hi Guys, I'm new here]
Old 03-04-2001, 03:15 AM   #12
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Dimension X:
Level 40...
I wonder how much longer that will take.
And at that point of time, we'll be gods already...
Imagine Jon Irenicus begging for mercy...
Hmm...
Appealing..

[And Hi Guys, I'm new here]
Hi Dimension X, welcome!

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Holy Flame
Old 03-04-2001, 11:29 AM   #13
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Level 40? I am having trouble reaching level 30 in IWD/HoW!! Oh, and ...

*BUMP*

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-04-2001, 11:43 AM   #14
Hesperex

hehe Im sorry But Im one step ahead of Bioware as far as weapons are concerned, I made rapiers for IWD before BG2 came out, and of course I've done them for BG2

2D4
speed factor 4
Weight 4

basicly I made the Rapier a fast bastard sword. Dunno what Bioware will do though. I also made Sabres, Sai daggers two handed axes (for BG2, I know there already in IWD) I have done 2 handed hammers and broad swords.

------------------

Old 03-05-2001, 11:18 AM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

More of the latest info from the Bioware boards.

Fallen paladins and fallen rangers: I'm pretty sure that both fallen paladins and fallen rangers can already regain their status in BG2.

I know for sure rangers regain theirs at the end of the ranger stronghold plots. The paladin status I'm not completely sure about...but I remember one of the designers mentioning it, so it's probably in there as well (in the stronghold plots, I mean).

Dual-wielding throwing weapons: An inherent, hard-coded problem...you can't put missile weapons in your hand when dual-wielding. And it treats these weapons as if they are missile weapons.

The only way I can even think to change this is to take out the missile portion of Azuredge (or whatever) and instead add a 'Throw Axe' ability for the weapon in. Make it constantly useable with a Cast Spell script...and tie that to a 'Throw Axe' spell which has the axe missile animation, no casting animations or sounds and a casting time of 0.

Really clunky, but if someone really really really wants to dual-wield Azuredge it might work. Otherwise it's probably not worth it.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-06-2001, 04:07 AM   #16
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Just another bump!

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-06-2001, 02:44 PM   #17
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

*BUMP*

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-06-2001, 03:28 PM   #18
Saigo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think that most people don't know this but there is a natural glitch in the game i discovered!If they are going to legit raise the levels to 40th then you will be able to memorize many 9th level spells of which gate and imprisonment are a few!If anyone has tried this....you can gate and immediately cast imprisonment on the spot the tanari will show up,this then leaving no chance for the tanari to attack your chrs and giving you a hefty xp bonus(of which you can repeat a few times each day,or till you rememorize the spells!)
This will take time to reach the 40th lvl mark but with the quests they will also add in there,i'm sure that it won't be as long as everyone thinks......althoug i did read somewhere that they don't quite portray the true strenght of most creatures(ie;dragons),therefor i will immediately try the game on hard as diffuculty!
Old 03-07-2001, 01:24 AM   #19
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

*BUMP*

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-07-2001, 01:38 AM   #20
Aurican
Elminster

I don't know about you guys, but I am really excited about this expansion! I always like new stuff to find and of course vanquish.

------------------
Can an elf get a break anywhere these days?