Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2004, 01:31 AM   #1
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Are there any big quests or monsters that yeild really high XP awards?

I just completed Durlag's Tower, and I am going off to do Werewolf Island after that. How much time is actually spent in the city of Baldur's Gate before I face Sarevok?

I've done every sidequest I could find, and, although I don't know how much experience I'll gain on werewolf island, I don't think I'll be hitting the XP cap anytime soon. My characters are at about 90,000, and like I said, the only quests left are to return to Ulgoth's Beard (complete the whole Tower thing), and then head off to the island before battling Sarevok.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:51 AM   #2
Faceman
Hathor

apart from the XP in TotSC there's quite a bit in Baldur's Gate city itself.
Have you been to every wood area already. There's one with a herd of Basilisks that will give you quite an XP boost.
Also if you haven't been to the city yet there's still a big part of the game left, so don't despair if you haven't reached the cap yet there's plenty of time.
Old 12-28-2004, 05:10 PM   #3
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

I've been through the whole city. I have visited nearly every wilderness area, but there might be some I missed (they won't show up on my map unless you leave an area adjacent to it). I did clean out that basilisk map though (you're talking about the one with Korax the Ghoul or something like that, right?).

BTW, I made a mistake, my characters are actually around 120,000 XP, so I guess I'm really not too far off from the cap. I also realized that I forgot to do the "Shadalar's (sp?) Cloak" quest, so that should give me a little boost. I have fought some cult members, and they took my soultaker dagger, so I need to chase them down (I've heard this is quite a nasty fight... I'll save this one for last).

I guess with the Cult, the Cloak, and Werewolf Island I should hit that XP cap without resorting to that cheesy flesh golem cave trick.
Old 12-29-2004, 06:19 AM   #4
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

If you really have done every quest in Baldur's Gate, and almost every quest in the wild, then you should be hitting the xp cap before you even enter Ulgoths Beard. You should certainly be hitting the xp cap when you come out of Durlags. Who are your party members? A lot of multi/dual class? the Ice Island should take you to the xp cap, and will only take you an hour or so to do, and then go to Werewold Island and you will be ready for "the big fight"

Happy adventuring.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:11 PM   #5
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

My party members are as follows:

Protagonist Gnome Illusionist/Fighter
Yeslick (Fighter/Cleric)
Minsc (Ranger)
Kivan (Ranger)
Coran (Fighter/Thief)
Imoen (Thief 4/Conjuror)
Old 12-30-2004, 08:56 AM   #6
Rockstar
Zhentarim Guard

i can tell you now my friend, nothing will get you more experience than following the story line. Following the story gives you enough experience to get a whole party cumfortably to the XP cap.

Other good places are:
- north of gullykin (bassalisks)
- antkeg farm (near the bridge of baldur's gate)
- cloakwood forests (wyvrens)
- just simply exploring [img]smile.gif[/img]

but the story line will get you where you want to be fastest
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 01:33 PM   #7
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

All you really need to do is the barebones story (grabbing the tomes in the meantime), then the quests in Baldur's Gate, followed by werewolf island and Durlag's tower. That's enough to easily see you through to the XP cap.

Some separate areas for boosting XP would be the basilisk forest, stone golem cave area, sirene coastway, and ankheg farm. The map in the far bottom-right corner is also a good one.