Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2002, 06:59 PM   #1
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

Whats everyones favourite High level Ability I think Greater Whirlwind is the best followed by Dragons Breath (Assasination would be good if my thief had a decent THAC0).
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 07:40 PM   #2
Gabrial Angelfire
Dungeon Master

Greater whirlwind is def my favorite, followed closely by hardiness, and i also enjoy comet and dragons breath, all excellent abilities.
Old 02-06-2002, 09:22 PM   #3
cemius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

For my Bard I really like use any item, use the Carsomyr, or a good sheild. Also Special Snare is good, 60+ damage.
cemius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 10:33 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Well, Improved Alacrity is a MUST for any Wizard, but Dragon's Breath is also QUITE nice. If you're a Mage/Thief......Set Time Trap. Hee, heeee!

For Fighter/Thieves, Assassination is better than Greater Whirlwind. You have what, 3.5 attacks per round? Greater Whirlwind will multiply your damage by 3, but Assassination will multiply it by 5.

I don't know which is better for a pure warrior.....Greater Whirlwind or Critical Strike. Whirlwind takes out Stoneskins faster......hmm.
Old 02-07-2002, 03:16 AM   #5
Ted Bigfoot
Dungeon Master

I have a 32 level monk - combine critical strike with 5 attacks per round puts a tremor in the most hardiest of creatures.
Old 02-07-2002, 06:56 AM   #6
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

In my opinion, greater whirlwind is not so great. It lasts for only 2 rounds as I remember and it gives you 10 attacks per round. But with Improved haste you can have 7 or 8 attacks per round for 24 rounds. Other feats for fighters, critical strike and hardiness sounds good.

For Mages, go with Comet it stuns enemies I found it more effective than Dragon's breath.

Traps work great, alchemy is a useless skill. Never get avoid dead or something else. Assassination is fine if you use your thief for fighting;me not, poor Jan [img]smile.gif[/img]

And I wonder if set snare skill % effects these special traps or not? You know, after gaining every level you distrubute skill points to your thievery skills such as pickpocket, lockpick etc is it wise to still spend skill points to set snare for these SPECIAL TRAPS?
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 07:08 AM   #7
Maniac
Dungeon Master

Summon Planetar, especially when soloing. This thing can cast some nice priest spells. G. Whirlwing is my second choice.
Old 02-07-2002, 09:56 AM   #8
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

quote:
Originally posted by cemius:
For my Bard I really like use any item, use the Carsomyr, or a good sheild. Also Special Snare is good, 60+ damage.

I thought the Special Snare was a bounty hunter ability not a High level one.
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 01:03 PM   #9
Azred
Drow Priestess

I have become quite fond of Greater Deathblow; Mazzy has eliminated 1/3 to 1/2 of our foes with one hit. There are plenty of demonic foes that have less than or equal to 12 HD. She also uses the upgraded Short Sword of Mask, so sometimes a foe immune to her Deathblow becomes susceptible to her attack.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 02:14 PM   #10
cemius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:

I thought the Special Snare was a bounty hunter ability not a High level one.

According to the manual the ability is Set Spike Trap for the classes of Theif or Bard. It does 20D6 of damage.
cemius is offline   Reply With Quote