Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dragon Age™ Origins

Old 02-10-2011, 03:26 PM   #1
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Default A Few Gameplay Questions

1. I am in Lothering and I know that I will probably be meeting others that can become my companions soon. Right now I have Alistar, Morrigan, a war dog, and me a mage. I realize I can only have 3 companions so if someone wants to join it means I will have to dismiss one of the companions. Do you lose them forever and if not how does one retrieve a former companion? Dismissal: Does it lower one's reputation with a NPC?

2. Recipes for Herbilism: Bought from merchants, others, and/or found?

3. When does the camp come into play and what are the signs it is attainable?

Thanks.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Default Re: A Few Gameplay Questions

Companions that are not on your team will wait at party camp. In some areas you can change your party configuration (usually outside), otherwise you have to go back to camp to add/remove companions. The only exception is if you have specifically told a companion you don't want them around anymore or they leave for a plot-related reason (only relevant for a couple of characters near the end).

I think most recipes are bought, possibly a couple are given to you from people but I can't recall ever finding a recipe anywhere.

You can go to camp after you leave Lothering. When you leave an area and are at the map screen to pick where you want to go, in the top right (I think?) corner is a campfire picture - that is camp, click on it as you would other map areas you want to travel to. You can go there anytime and there is no travel from whereever you are.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:33 PM   #3
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Thanks for the reply. Very clear and concise. Much appreciated.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:04 PM   #4
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

On some quests, the game forces you to take along a particular NPC.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:47 PM   #5
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Mad Re: A Few Gameplay Questions

I have a question and a technical gaffe. First, how does one go about presenting a gift to a party member when it is a shared inventory to begin with?

Two, my game is patched to 1.04. Everything has been fine but when I enter the tavern in Lothering Leliana approaches to intercede and it is with her character that this wierd bug resides.

Her body, face and neck are there, but the rest of her head is gone! I thought maybe it was just this aspect of the game and possible rectification when gameplay began. But durring the fight, after the fight, accepting her, and then adding her to the party the head was still face and neck only. No hair, no ears, nothing. If she turned her head you could see the wall behind her that should have been blocked by an ear, hair, etc.

Anyone have any clues?!?

1. My video card has the very latest drivers installed.

2. Thinking it might be a heat issue messing with the video card I decided to have a fan blow directly into the case and it brought the temps down. But no change after I fired up the game again. She still is missing the back, top and sides of her head. Only the forehead, face, and neck are visible.

Last edited by Albromor; 02-10-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:39 AM   #6
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Are you running any mods? Especially ones that may affect Leliana?

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:37 AM   #7
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion

IIRC, in inventory mode you skip to the character you want to give the gift to and then activate the gift in their inventory.

If you are running the Steam version of Dragon Age then I'd suggest verifying the game files (right click, properties, local files, verify integrity)
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:36 AM   #8
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Thumbs Up Re: A Few Gameplay Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfBane View Post
Are you running any mods? Especially ones that may affect Leliana?
That was it! I thought I had installed only one mod that modified the game whereby merchants would buy things at a slightly higher price than what the original gaming parameters were designed for.

So I went back to my DA files and sure enough I had forgotten the Leliana one. Once deleted all is well.

Thanks to everyone.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:39 AM   #9
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion

For the head problems, it's possible that you installed a mod to change Leliana's appearance that required other files (like additional hairstyles) that aren't present and so you get nothing for the hair (the ears might be gone because the hairstyle she's supposed to be using hides the ears, so they are not drawn).

If you can't find anything messing with her appearance, one possible fix is to download and install (usually by dropping files into the override folder) a different Leliana face mod, one that doesn't use pieces of other mods. Overriding whatever Leliana is currently set to with another face might fix the issue.

edit: Good to hear you solved it. If you do want to change NPC faces in the future, just read the mods carefully, as several face-morphs require also installing an extra hairstyles mod. If you install both though, they work fine.
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers

Last edited by Olorin; 02-11-2011 at 11:41 AM. Reason: cross-posted
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote