Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 10:22 PM   #21
Chewbacca
Zartan

Over-weight and opinionated, alot like many of his fellow Americans. I also think he has more in common with some of his critics than those critics would ever admit. He's a decent filmaker, but I don't think he's all that great of a writer.

Oh, yeah let's not forget "incredibly easy target" as a descriptor.

[ 06-22-2005, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Old 06-22-2005, 11:17 PM   #22
wellard
Dracolisk

Mad

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
You could check out both the books and movies forum and the current events forums (from about a year ago) for some pretty thorough discussion of his "works" to say he is creative with facts is a gross understatement, almost like saying he's a little overweight.
First reply and the personal insults are flying in. so unexpected!

What do I think of Moore? Who cares? I just enjoy standing back watching the right-wingers frothing at the mouth and knotting their knickers before they settle back in a sofa and switch on the Fox 'news'

Some people struggle to comprehend the concept of irony

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:30 AM   #23
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
quote:
You could check out both the books and movies forum and the current events forums (from about a year ago) for some pretty thorough discussion of his "works" to say he is creative with facts is a gross understatement, almost like saying he's a little overweight.
First reply and the personal insults are flying in. so unexpected!

What do I think of Moore? Who cares? I just enjoy standing back watching the right-wingers frothing at the mouth and knotting their knickers before they settle back in a sofa and switch on the Fox 'news'

Some people struggle to comprehend the concept of irony
[/QUOTE]And nothing was contributed by this post, not surprising coming from you.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:10 AM   #24
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucern:
It is fun to see American conservatives get their collective underoos in a knot over him. It's also fun to see what kind of juvenile fat jokes 50 year old pundits and politicians come up with lol. You'd think they'd be experts at dealing with political commentary masked as something else* [img]tongue.gif[/img] I enjoy his films (tell me it's not entertaining to see the overbearing, overweight Moore chasing down people yelling for a minute of their time), but I don't believe a word of them unless I read it from a more credible source. Even where I think he's right, his methodology doesn't lend credibility to his work, so he gets a F from me as a social scientist [img]smile.gif[/img]

I agree with Aragorn that his hyperbole is unnecessary for the points he wants to make (haven't seen 911, so no comment there), yet there are well done documentaries on, say, the woes of outsourcing that will never enjoy 1/10 of the recognition of Roger and Me. I guess most people would rather be entertained than learn something.
Sums up my thoughts on him quite nicely. The most entertaining thing about Moore is watching people, especially those conservatives that can fairly be considered "people," when they REACT to him. The reactions are funnier than he will ever be.

[ 06-23-2005, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 06-23-2005, 11:20 AM   #25
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
And nothing was contributed by this post, not surprising coming from you. [/QB]
Morg, just a reminder, as this looks like it fits the bill- if you have personal issues with any other member posting, please take them to private chat. Thanks!

On topic: Got to say, I think your post was the most descriptive, Lucern! Well worded and clear! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2005, 12:06 PM   #26
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Cloudy, that is almost word for word the kind of attack I have received in the past with no Moderator intervention for several pages of a thread.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...=001774#000007

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...=001774#000014

for example.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...=001818#000001

{edit} You are right of course, just because others have treated me poorly is no excuse for my own behavior. I would like to formally apologize for my out of line comment.

[ 06-23-2005, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 06-23-2005, 04:01 PM   #27
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks, Morg. That's a very classy last paragraph and I appreciate your thought! [img]smile.gif[/img] For the first part, I will just remind everyone that if you feel you've been flamed or ToS violated at any time, hit the report post link! Mods can't always see everything going on, even if they are in a thread too (if it's long or has lots of longer posts) but we do try to be fair when we have to weigh in on something.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:12 PM   #28
wellard
Dracolisk

No apology needed Morgeruat, but still nice. We are from opposite ends of the political spectrum.

When I saw the thread title I guessed that there would be a 'Fat' comment within the first few posts before I even started to read, the fact that it was you or someone else made no difference, I just don’t see what fat has to do with his art/ medium / views.

My contribution to the debate was in the form of people claiming his views are biased and then seeing no irony in watching Fox news. The point was a generic one and not aimed at anyone specific.

Once again no offence taken [img]tongue.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 10:10 PM   #29
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I think when everyone here is posting, no matter what the topic is, you have to remember that there are tons of members here from all over the world, and all shapes and sizes, beliefs, etc.etc. etc. Using any sentence that seems to mock being "fat" will never go over well here, just as mocking being skinny, or anything else physical.

And people have to understand that with the huge diversity of people here, there will always be conflicts re certain issues and topics. People are going to disagree all the time, it's how you handle it that is important. There comes a time where you have to just agree to disagree.

Sorry but I do not participate in certain topics because I simply don't want to get beaten down by somebody else who may be more pushy re the subject, seen it happen over and over again, and that kinda sucks for me, cause I would like to add comments in certain areas now and then, if it weren't for that factor. And I also tire of hearing people complain about getting harsh words directed towards them that are guilty of the same exact thing. Heck wasn't too long ago I saw a long standing member called an outright Bitch in a thread, with no repercussions. It's just kinda sad for me on my end watching it all sometimes here.

[ 06-23-2005, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 03:20 AM   #30
Melusine
Dracolisk

You're a sweetheart Wendy. [img]smile.gif[/img]