Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-06-2001, 07:20 PM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Brangines' Holy Symbol
Description:

This short sword was the holy symbol of Brangines. It symbolized an ancient linerage. You can see the ancient craftmanship from the sword's design. The hilt part has two circle thing that one can put his hand in. The outline of the circles resembles the arms of a titan. This unique weapon was passed down since Arnael Brangine the First, as a symbol of rulership.

Though possibly aged thousands of years, it still has the terrible sharpness. It belonged to the ancient family named Brangine. The Brangines had been the rulers of some land back couple thousands years ago. The tales of the Brangines' bloodline were various, though the most amazing one believed, the Brangines were the branch of Titans.

"... back when the gods walked the prime plane as their mortal forms, seeking worshipers and believers, also bringing fire, knowledge and magic. There were another group back then, the Titans, which were the most powerful and civilized (though one may argue this point) creatures lived on the lands of Faerun. (with exceptions of Dragons of course, though Dragons tend to be solitary and avoid fighting with those gigantic grouped savages.) Most of the time, titans would bring in humans, sometimes other races, and force them working as slaves.
In the beginning, the gods and titans co-existed peacefully, and they both had enough tolerance over each other. However, as centuries pass by, more and more lower species (as titans call them) ran away and join the guidence of gods. Titans felt greatly offended, and the war broke out.

Some people sided with their slave lords, but most sided with the newcomers, the almighty gods. With newly enchanted weapons, those were blessed by the gods, and unimaginable destructive magic which was claimed to match the dragon's own, (brought by the god of magic) the war eventually favored the people who sided with the gods. It was then, seeing no hope to turn the tied of the war, a small group of titans gave up and escaped to the far east with their slaves, and resided on some islands of Sword Sea.

... the war was over and all the titans were then cursed, for daring to cross the gods. The curse was performed by all gods together, that titans share forever being trapped in the mortals' bodies, and never reclaim their power..."

__________________________________________________ ______________Chronicle of the Ancient War

Stats:
Type: short sword
Dmg type: slashing weapon
Dmg: 1d6 + 3
Thac0: + 3
Special:
This short sword has the power of commanding, it also grants the wielder a respectful aura, such as one from a king. The wielder becomes immune to fear and his moral becomes unbreakable. He is at ease when he face any terror or danger.

strength +1
chrisma +3
Domination once per day
Friends three times per day

Useable by:
Only chaotic creatures may use it.

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 03-06-2001).]
Old 03-06-2001, 07:37 PM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

any comments?
Old 03-06-2001, 07:40 PM   #3
Dog of War
The Magister

With the Aura of a king.. how about Charisma up 3 and wisdom down 2.. Liek a real politician.
Old 03-06-2001, 07:48 PM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

well, lol, i did make adjustment, thanks for the comments

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 03-06-2001).]
Old 03-06-2001, 07:49 PM   #5
Dog of War
The Magister

Don't forget to fix your special it still says dagger.
Old 03-06-2001, 11:10 PM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Dog of War:
Don't forget to fix your special it still says dagger.
it is fixed

Old 03-07-2001, 07:12 AM   #7
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

i think i could make this but i'm not sure. i could try if you like.

------------------------------------
spam wonderful spam
Old 03-07-2001, 12:46 PM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce The Aussie:
i think i could make this but i'm not sure. i could try if you like.

sure, make it, give it a try