Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-25-2001, 03:15 PM   #41
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I'm pleased to see you back and posting Tobbin and Ramon!

Ramon, I recommended a few books your way in the Book forum. Found the authors of one I'd suggested in Ziroc's television show thread (wonderful discussions, those, Ramon and big reason why I noticed your absence of late!!!).

Cloudbringer
Old 03-26-2001, 05:59 AM   #42
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by bilqis:
What is a "budgerigar"?

(I'm much too lazy to get out the encyclopedia or search the web to find out)

Moiraine covered this (yes, that is the right translation), but I can expand on it slightly.
A budgerigar (or budgie for short) is a small Australian parakeet. Naturally they have green chests and yellow wings with black stripes on them. They have black spots on their cheeks. They have been bred as pets to be a whole range of colours, most usually green/yellow or blue/white, but sometimes pied, yellow, white or violet. They are noisy, messy and smell musty, sort of like old books. They can also mimic, a few learn to talk, and most will copy whistling noises. They are quite intelligent and friendly and don't cost much to keep which is one reason why they are so popular.

And yes, I do think it's unkind to keep a bird in a cage - I sort of rescued him because he was in a pet shop by himself - he had been there for 6 months so was an adult, and no-one wanted him because everyone wants to buy a cute little baby bird (and also he was terrified of everyone). He's very old now and I think I may not have him for much longer

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas.
Old 03-26-2001, 07:12 PM   #43
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Thank you Moiraine and Epona. That helped a lot. I appreciate your kindness in explaining that to me. Now to find a picture of one... they sound lovely.

------------------

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
(Skald, dragon trainer, & member of The Laughing Hyenas)
Old 03-26-2001, 07:17 PM   #44
Moiraine
Anubis

Always at your disposal, Bilqis.

------------------
Old 03-26-2001, 07:18 PM   #45
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by bilqis:
Thank you Moiraine and Epona. That helped a lot. I appreciate your kindness in explaining that to me. Now to find a picture of one... they sound lovely.

Bilqis, here is a link to a budgie site with a lovely picture. Mine is a similar colour to those.

http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/3298/

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas.
Old 03-26-2001, 07:26 PM   #46
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Wow! Ask and ye shall receive!! Thank you most kindly ladies. What can I say? I'm flabbergasted!

------------------

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
(Skald, dragon trainer, & member of The Laughing Hyenas)
Old 03-26-2001, 07:27 PM   #47
Moiraine
Anubis

I found the photo I posted here :

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~oldzac/page12a.htm

------------------
Old 03-26-2001, 07:43 PM   #48
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A BOARD MEMBER?--
Er since sometime November/december 200

WHAT'S YOUR REAL FIRST NAME?--
Fredrik

GOT ANY ANIMALS?-
Does dustdevils count??

APARTMENT, HOUSE, HIGHRISE OR TOWNHOUSE?--
House, soon apartment

ARE YOU RELIGIOUS?--
Nope

BALL POINTS OR FELT TIPS?-
Whatever is available

WHY DO YOU PLAY RPGS?--
Got such a lousy life It´s fun and I´m a bit "childish" i.e got fantasy..

WHAT CAR/TRUCK DO YOU DRIVE?-
Commuting with a bus??

DO YOU CLICK ON ZIROC'S SPONSOR'S ADS?--
Nope, as a webdesigner I avoid them like plauge..

WHAT KIND OF WORK DO YOU DO (OCCUPATION)?--
Some call it Webdesign with graphic design on the side, or the other way around, i.e web and print related work..

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF MUSIC (COUNTRY, ROCK, POP, BLUES, CLASSICAL, ETC.)?---
Rock, alternative anything except "made up popbands and stars"

HOW MANY BROTHERS AND SISTERS?-
One elder sister

WHICH IS BETTER, MOUNTAINS OR BEACHES?--
Gaaah, i want them both!!!

IF YOU WENT ON "SURVIVOR," WHAT LUXURY ITEM WOULD YOU CHOOSE?--
gatling gun

CHIPS OR DORITOS?-
What is doritos??

WHAT WAS YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE (DREAMING KIND)?-
To long to describe, take anything with icky bicky slimy spiders blä

WHAT DO YOUR FAMILY/FRIENDS THINK OF YOU SPENDING TIME ON THIS BOARD?-
They don´t.

WHAT'S YOUR TOP 3 FAVORITE GAMES OF THE PAST 2 YEARS?-
BG2, Planescape Torment, Icewind dale

DEATH PENALTY OR NOT?-
Tough, but I would have to say not.

ARE YOU PLANNING ON STICKING AROUND ON THIS BOARD?-
You bet ya!

------------------

Do electric wolves dream of electric sheep?
Old 03-26-2001, 10:13 PM   #49
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A BOARD MEMBER? oct '00

WHAT'S YOUR REAL FIRST NAME? Cat

GOT ANY ANIMALS? too many! 1 dog (big enough for 3), 2 cats, 2 kids, 1 spouse and tons of fish

APARTMENT, HOUSE, HIGHRISE OR TOWNHOUSE? house

ARE YOU RELIGIOUS? pagan

BALL POINTS OR FELT TIPS? if it's not a crayon, it's acceptable.

WHY DO YOU PLAY RPGS? complete escapism. doesn't doo too uch for the stress levels tho. my dm loves cliffhangers ("ok, half of you are mostly dead and there's a large blue dragon coming your way. we'll pick up here next game..." and she doesn't have a reload key!)

WHAT CAR/TRUCK DO YOU DRIVE? '98 subaru outback

DO YOU CLICK ON ZIROC'S SPONSOR'S ADS? ads?

WHAT KIND OF WORK DO YOU DO (OCCUPATION)? kid wrangler

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF MUSIC (COUNTRY, ROCK, POP, BLUES, CLASSICAL, ETC.)?
most anything but hip-hop and rap.
HOW MANY BROTHERS AND SISTERS? 1 full bro, tons of half sibs.

WHICH IS BETTER, MOUNTAINS OR BEACHES? mountains (beaches are great too but usually are too humid)

IF YOU WENT ON "SURVIVOR," WHAT LUXURY ITEM WOULD YOU CHOOSE? my fully gassed up outback

CHIPS OR DORITOS? scooby snacks

WHAT WAS YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE (DREAMING KIND)? my daughter's funeral (she's very much alive and well)

WHAT DO YOUR FAMILY/FRIENDS THINK OF YOU SPENDING TIME ON THIS BOARD? thinks i have waaaay too much time on my hands (lmao!)

WHAT'S YOUR TOP 3 FAVORITE GAMES OF THE PAST 2 YEARS? BG2, IWD, rollercoaster tycoon

DEATH PENALTY OR NOT? death (usually). not enough space left on the planet to keep some of these people around...

ARE YOU PLANNING ON STICKING AROUND ON THIS BOARD? i come by when i have the chance and when i have stupid questions i could answer myself if i weren't so damned lazy sometimes!

[/B][/QUOTE]

Old 03-26-2001, 10:22 PM   #50
SpunkyMoFo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Greetings all. Here we go.

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A BOARD MEMBER? Since BG2 came out with a small lapse (a few months) just recently

WHAT'S YOUR REAL FIRST NAME? Brandon

GOT ANY ANIMALS? 2 dogs (Henry and Maggie) and one fish (MoJo The Webfish)

APARTMENT, HOUSE, HIGHRISE OR TOWNHOUSE? House

ARE YOU RELIGIOUS? Athiest

BALL POINTS OR FELT TIPS? Ball points, except for labeling blank cd's, then Sharpie felt tips all the way

WHY DO YOU PLAY RPGS? 'Cause I can't steal and whore in real life.

WHAT CAR/TRUCK DO YOU DRIVE? 2000 Maxima GLE. My car kicks ass. No question.

DO YOU CLICK ON ZIROC'S SPONSOR'S ADS? Sadly, no.

WHAT KIND OF WORK DO YOU DO (OCCUPATION)? Quality engineer. I work for the same company as Phyxie and for quite some time he was my boss (and a damn good one too)

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF MUSIC (COUNTRY, ROCK, POP, BLUES, CLASSICAL, ETC.)?
Yes

HOW MANY BROTHERS AND SISTERS? 1 sister, one brother-in-law

WHICH IS BETTER, MOUNTAINS OR BEACHES? Beaches for relaxing, mountains for looking at

IF YOU WENT ON "SURVIVOR," WHAT LUXURY ITEM WOULD YOU CHOOSE? My dog-eared copy of Frank Millers "Dark Night Returns"

CHIPS OR DORITOS? Doritos

WHAT WAS YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE (DREAMING KIND)? Shanked in my apartment by a vengeful pimp (don't ask)

WHAT DO YOUR FAMILY/FRIENDS THINK OF YOU SPENDING TIME ON THIS BOARD? They'd probably shake their heads, smile and say "it figures".

WHAT'S YOUR TOP 3 FAVORITE GAMES OF THE PAST 2 YEARS? BG2, No One Lives Forever, Freespace 2

DEATH PENALTY OR NOT? Not in it's current form but yes if only the truly guilty were punished and it wasn't wielded in such a racist manner.

ARE YOU PLANNING ON STICKING AROUND ON THIS BOARD? Indeed.

------------------
Cheers.

~Tipsy McSwagger
The Drunken Thief