Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 12-07-2001, 04:44 PM   #1
monitorman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have seen the silver dragon and went on several quest with Phaare or what ever and her exboyfriends name is. I have the approval of her house and then was on my way out of there house in the southeast corner when a guys sells me a rope to enter the mage area to fight the lich. I get telported to the previous rope owner and find out it was a setup (the whole gem recovery bit). After that the my cover was blown and now everyone is an enemy. I have killed the golems and recovered the drgon eggs but the cty is undr lock dn and it will not let me leave. I have killed everyone! There are two places i can't get into. The one house where you need the ward stone which vanished after the first use, and a gate of sorts in the north west area. What do I do? am I trapped, Help PLZ
monitorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 04:46 PM   #2
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Spoiler
Have you killed the Matron Mother? The city will be locked down until she is dead.
Mitro Jellywadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 04:50 PM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

YIKES! I haven't heard of this happening, but it sounds like you are stuck. I hope you have a saved game from prior to this because the only other way i can think of to get out of this is to use the cheat codes to "jump" out of the city and back to the underdark.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 05:25 PM   #4
monitorman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

There is no one alive in the temple, the fenced are i cant get past is the lock gate in the tavern. any help there? also can i get more ward stones to enter the upper two doors of the house of Jae'llat. I can find no one else alive. I have looked at the warp locations and do not see one that will keep me in the underdark area. Any clues?
Old 12-07-2001, 05:30 PM   #5
Janus
Dungeon Master

hey what id do is just fight my way into the temple, go up the stairs on the right, kill the golems and get the eggs. dont bother with pharres quests, that what i did
\"Freedom can only be gained through the barrel of a shotgun\"<br />Mao Tse-Tung<p>The Workers have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. WORKERS OF ALL COUNTRIES, UNITE!\"<br />Karl Marx and Frederick Engels
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 05:34 PM   #6
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The area behind the locked gate in the tavern can only entered if you agree to a fight a "death match" against a drow opponent. If you agree, you are teleported into the area to fight the match and then teleported out when the match is over.

If you are sure that you HAVE killed the Matron mother as Mitro suggests then I can not explain why the city is still in lock down. And aside from using the cheat codes I don't know how else you can get out.

As for the wardstone, i assume you are talking about the Lich's area. Its not clear exactly what the problem is - the first time you enter you confront the lich but get teleported away and given the quest to get the gems, but you should be able to re-enter and kill the lich and loot his area. If you have already done that you know that once you get the gems you are teleported away again and after THAT you can not reenter.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 05:35 PM   #7
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by monitorman:
There is no one alive in the temple, the fenced are i cant get past is the lock gate in the tavern. any help there? also can i get more ward stones to enter the upper two doors of the house of Jae'llat. I can find no one else alive. I have looked at the warp locations and do not see one that will keep me in the underdark area. Any clues?

That's wierd. The last time I had that problem was when I forgot to kill the Matron Mother. My quest timer ran out and I had to splat the city to get out. The only other places I can think of are the slave pens and the upper level. Take the stairs up and walk around to the ship. There might be a couple of straglers around.

I don't think you can get more ward stones any other way but Shadowkeeping them in.
Mitro Jellywadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 05:36 PM   #8
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Well if you've been in the house that needs the wardstones you get from doing Deirex's house then don't worry about that, the other door just leads back into the same house. Have you killed everyone in the inn (upstairs as well)?
Old 12-07-2001, 11:35 PM   #9
monitorman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for all your help, I had to warp out of the area. I worped to the "domain of the dragon" I am asked to go on another quest for a knight of the radiant heart (I think) It is where there are a lot orks, and you are after the kidnapped girl. Does any one know a way back to the under dark. I do not see it listed on the warp codes. Thanks
Old 12-08-2001, 06:13 AM   #10
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

ar2202 takes you to the tavern in the drow city...Check the temple again, as the Matron mother is usually either in the room where the ceremony is, just go to the first actual door you encounter going straight in, or just to the left of the main passage, as you come into the temple. That's the only UD code that I have, but you could experiment off of that, by going ar2200, etc. The domain of the dragon is Firkraggs house.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote