Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dragon Age™ Origins

Old 03-19-2010, 02:01 AM   #1
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Default Awakening - Alistair

Hey, I have just received Awakenings and have played about an hour. I imported my character from Origins who had a romance with Alistair; I did the Morrigan's baby ending and Anora was queen so the end blurb chatted about how my character and Alistair toddled about together continuing their relationship while battling the remainder of the darkspawn. However! No Alistair to be seen so far and no explanation as to where he is, and a few comments about how my character is the only grey warden about the place. I am perturbed! I know some don't, but I like Alistair and was hoping he would be in Awakening. Does anyone know if he will be? No "I hope he isn't, Alistair is a douche" type comments, please
Old 03-19-2010, 05:46 AM   #2
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Default Re: Awakening - Alistair

Hey Aelia
You may want to put a spoiler tag on your title, since it contains info about the end game. Some of us here haven't reached that far yet... like me
Old 03-19-2010, 06:28 PM   #3
Arcalian
Dungeon Master

In Awakening? Yes.

As a party member? No.
Arcalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:47 AM   #4
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

My ending was similar, however, Alistair departed, and walks the wilds as a drunk. Years later a small band attempted a coup, but Alistair was never placed among them.

That eludes to me that he is gone, gone as, good as gone kinda gone. I think he should make a return in the game, for playability sake. Especially if the other characters are available.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:22 PM   #5
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Minor spoil included

Who knows if Bioware will put him in the next expansion - for my game it was not possible as I made him King of Ferelden - thus he will make a small cameo wishing me good luck and so on...
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:06 AM   #6
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

SPOLIER!!!!

He only gets a mention if

A) he became King at the end.
B) He bcame king, married anora and you were still his consort
C) He didn't become King but remained to lead the Gray wardens.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:48 AM   #7
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion

Alistair is a spineless whiny, wishy washy douche. (Just kidding...couldn't resist)

I actually like Alistair as well. He has that charming reluctant hero theme going on (a kind of extension of Khalid you might say) and a fun witty sense of humour. I really liked the scene where he confronted my character's decision to kill Connor, whilst in camp. That was some good morality focused roleplaying.

Hopefully he does appear in your game somewhere or at least get a mention. It'd be a failure on BioWare's part if he wasn't, I think.

Spoilerish info from Origins Ending:

In my second playthrough, as in Felix's game, he became a drunkard (kind of reminded me of Caramon from Dragonlance after the seperation from Raistlin) after I'd sided with Anora to see what the non-killing Loghain option was like. I'd made him king however in my very first playthrough.

Similarly, I'll be on the outlook for references to Morrigan...as my character wasn't too keen on her decision to sever contact with his child forever. If that sub-plot isn't resolved in Awakenings, then surely it'll have to cross over in the sequel.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj

Last edited by CerebroDragon; 03-23-2010 at 09:03 AM. Reason: errors!
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:21 PM   #8
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebroDragon View Post
Similarly, I'll be on the outlook for references to Morrigan...as my character wasn't too keen on her decision to sever contact with his child forever. If that sub-plot isn't resolved in Awakenings, then surely it'll have to cross over in the sequel.
WAIT, Wait one. Let us vote for a remix per say. Morrigan is found, and is a tribunal leader, and her child is tainted with dark spawn blood which needs the Grey Wardens, and the Grey Warden elder in is need of passage to the pasture kinda carry onward theme.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:46 AM   #9
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion

That's probably a little bit tame by Morrigan's standards, Felix. I'm thinking she has far more darker intentions.

I'm envisioning her raising the child in the same pattern as Flemeth did her - deigning to eventually consume its essence to stay alive and perhaps the powers of the archdemon itself, creating a new threat.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote