Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-20-2004, 04:23 AM   #21
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
RevRuby, you might check for other post-partum support organizations in the area. I know out here there were a number of groups for newborns and their parents. Of course, with you have a few kiddies, it gets harder to make those, but I believe one of the most important things you can have, if you're going through post-partum issues, is someone or ten you can call on just to vent and scream.

On a side note, it sounds like Erilyn is really excited about having a little sister. You might consider giving her some ground rules about where she can help out so that she can feel important but not get in the way.

Perhaps she can be the "wipe dispenser" at changing time, or the "burp rag stocker" who's responsible for making sure there's a burp rag in every room. Or if Carol is bottle-feeding, perhaps Erilyn can feed her every so often (under supervision, of course). Let her feel important and involved, and maybe she'll back off on the annoying stuff. Maybe. Just maybe.

Good luck, and if you get frustrated, head on over here. There are plenty of shoulders around [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
thnx Bungleau. i have been thinking of starting a mothers group in my area or trying to find one.

i do try to let erilyn help, unfortunately at 16mos it's hard to know if she understands what i want out of her. she can throw diapers away and she can feed carol, except that she gets distracted....easily. she is very much like our ferret. with throwing out a diaper she can get distracted by any toy or cat along the way and those gosh darned bottles are just so colorful and have all sorts of animals on them! i am trying so hard...she hovers over me like a worried g-ma when i give carol a bath, as if to say "don't get her face wet!, clean between all the piggies....are you sure you don't want help?" she is very cute and wants to be mommy so bad. but i also worry cause nathan taught her to head butt, she has head butted carol, and after being headbutted myself i feel so bad for carol...it really hurts!

well i'm up and awake at 430 my time because carol is just not sleeping! i will not get to nap tomorrow because she likes to be up when erilyn is napping. and even tho i have been bouncing this child for a half hour she does not look one bit sleepy, she has been up since 230! erilyn never pulled htis unless she was hungry and justice at least pretended to be sleepy.......

at five i'm gonna hand her off to nathan, i know he works but i need some sleep tonight....some...even if just 1 consecutive hour.
Old 01-20-2004, 07:21 AM   #22
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
Woohoo! 2 more days before Chinese New Year. I can't wait to get my ang pow.
If so happy new year to Erencia!
Old 01-20-2004, 09:53 AM   #23
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Sounds like it's time to enlist a friend in the area to have the kids over for a couple of hours so you can get some sleep!

That just made me think of one of the things we used to do. Every so often, when the getting up at night got really bad, we'd take turns. One of us would have the night off and sleep in a different part of the house while the other took care of all the baby needs. The next night, we'd switch roles. Repeat as needed.

Each of us got a decent night's sleep, and that really helped to recharge our batteries.

Good luck to you... and remember, it will eventually be over. It only seems like forever.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 01-20-2004, 02:31 PM   #24
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Good luck gettting some sleep, Revruby! Sounds like a hard thing to do with the kids now.
Old 01-21-2004, 04:29 AM   #25
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

Yeah! I heard about that on UFR Cloudy!

Congratulations!

One of the main reasons I came back!

To wish you good wishes... and stuff

And to you TDC...
[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!
Old 01-21-2004, 04:52 AM   #26
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Callum Kerr:

Yeah! I heard about that on UFR Cloudy!

Congratulations!

Cloudy is a very famous spammer poster out there in internet land.

[img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] Wonder if i can get an autograph one day [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 01-21-2004, 04:56 AM   #27
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

Heh!

She only has about 50 posts there...

She seems generous... why not ask?
[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!
Old 01-21-2004, 04:58 AM   #28
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

OK... what's wrong with my sig?

Did I forget how to post images?
Old 01-21-2004, 04:49 PM   #29
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. Everything is "sort of" calming down. The Fiance is stressing about the little things now. LOL

parteners are so cute sometimes when they stress.

Only 22 days to go!

On a side not its going to be another scorcher here in Sydney today. Should get to around 35 degrees. Thank god for Air Con!
Old 01-21-2004, 05:00 PM   #30
Kaltia
Jack Burton

*Kat saunters in*

Anythin' to drink? Or will I have to go fetch Johnny's Emergency Emergency Beer supply?

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.