Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-24-2003, 05:37 PM   #1
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

A big thank you to all of you who helped me with the research for my graduate course. I started a new post to discuss the results, thinking that the other post was mostly about who was going to take the test.

I will send out individual results as soon as I can. If you still haven't taken the survey and you'd like to, I will try and score your results when I get a chance, but for the next week I'll be busy writing up the presentation I need to give to my professor.

I finished collecting the data and have posted a summary of the data at
http://kism.net/survey/results.htm if any are interested.
Old 07-24-2003, 07:07 PM   #2
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Glad to be of help Father Bronze, it was fun [img]smile.gif[/img] Look forward to those results [img]smile.gif[/img]

ROTFL, interesting the highest points re Poor Attention are in the 36-40 range, perhaps the pre-geezer factor? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 07-24-2003, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 07-24-2003, 07:17 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Glad to be of help Father Bronze, it was fun [img]smile.gif[/img] Look forward to those results [img]smile.gif[/img]

ROTFL, interesting the highest points re Poor Attention are in the 36-40 range, perhaps the pre-geezer factor? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Not afraid you flunked ?
Old 07-24-2003, 07:43 PM   #4
Ladyzekke

Oh I'm sure I scored accordingly with the chart re Poor...poor.. what was it again?

Reality Show Recaps
Old 07-24-2003, 09:04 PM   #5
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

I also found it interesting that the Ironworks women were more positive and constructive while the men were guilt ridden with fear. LOL. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2003, 09:08 PM   #6
Ladyzekke

Hahaha! Alright! One Up for the gals on Ironworks! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Not that that you guys did anything wrong or anything in your test...

Reality Show Recaps
Old 07-25-2003, 07:28 AM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

ROTFL! That's ok, LadyZ, if they did,we'd forget it anyway.....now where did I leave that keyboard......
Old 07-25-2003, 03:09 PM   #8
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Exclamation

I don't get it - what was the survey intended to find out?

cross index of daydream patterns w/general life outlook across age+ sex demos?

how big was the p. ? did you survey other than gamers/boarders?

......see, this is why I fastidiously avoided any real research in my degree project, and just had them watch tv commercials from US and Korea in the major consumer categories, then had'em do a Likert scale questionaire with some baseline keepers tucked away in it, seperated results by age 'n gender back-referenced to the baseliners....oh, I get it!!!

IT WAS COLONEL MUSTARD IN THE LIBRARY WITH THE DRAFT THESIS!!!

May your p. always be >.05

Amanda, Kyleia, and Kathleen\'s Dad-Best Damn Job, Period.

Official procrastinator of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
unOfficial Homeopathic Quacktitioner of the IW Realm
Old 07-25-2003, 05:02 PM   #9
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by J.J.:

May your p. always be >.05
How uncharitable! I'll take a p<.05, please!

But yeah, I'd really like to know what your hypotheses were, FB! And what are your conclusions now?
Old 07-25-2003, 06:00 PM   #10
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by J.J.:
I don't get it - what was the survey intended to find out?

cross index of daydream patterns w/general life outlook across age+ sex demos?

how big was the p. ? did you survey other than gamers/boarders?
The documentation for the inventory gives control group scores. So I have that comparison as a starting point.

My intent is to survey gamers and see if they have healtier imaginations compared to the control group.

However, in the process of doing the survey, I realized that my study isn't the most accurate. After surveying you guys at Ironworks (I don't have any other online friends ) I realize that whatever conclusions I draw may not be because of the survey respondents play video games. The results may be because the survey respondents are computer users, Internet forum browsers, or Ironworksers. Anyway, I have to figure out how to write up the study.

My wife, recent recipient of a degree in Statistics (Yeah!), is going to look at my results to determine if the results are statistically significant.