Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2001, 05:59 PM   #1
Boppa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Maybe I'm in the wrong place - but I'll give it a shot anyway. I just did a D/L of the Lands Of Lore game from a Web site called THEUNDERDOGS.ORG. Damn thing took about 13 hours (I'm only using a dial-up with a 56K modem). After unzipping the thing we found that there is no INSTALL or SETUP EXE present. A check of the web site revealed that they have 82 files available for this game, and that is the number I now have. So I got it all - to no avail. Does anybody know where I can get what is missing??? Of course, I could buy the fool thing on E-bay for about $10.00 but now I may have wasted 13 hours of download time and I hate to give up now!!!
Old 10-29-2001, 06:27 PM   #2
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I'm not familier with the game your talking about, I just thought I'd mentioned how impressed I am with your dial up connection! When I had dial up, it would never stay continuously connected for more than a few hours. It would be a shame if that file turned out to be a waste.

I have downloaded many large demos since having cable, and I find about half the time they're missing a file, like yours, or worse corrupt.

Good Luck

------------------

"Your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins."
Old 10-29-2001, 06:31 PM   #3
Legolas the Elven Archer

I've played LOL2 & 3, both on 4 CD's, but I've never tried to D/L it (seeing as I didn't need to. Duh )
I was hoping for some game question (to show off my immense knowledge and readyness to help )but I'm afraid I can't help here either

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Legolas:
Supreme Ranger-Protector of the Ironworks
Only Ranger-Protector of the Ironworks
Maintainer of the as of yet unopened Ranger-Protector of the Ironworks Clan Website
Feeling lonely but waiting until tomorrow...

Old 10-29-2001, 06:33 PM   #4
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Wow, what a classic game!! I loved LoL 3, but the first one was great. Those multi part zip files you get off of warez sites almost never work. Try finding it on morpheus. You can find almost any app you want there.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 10-29-2001, 06:35 PM   #5
Boppa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My thanks to you RONN!!! The D/L required babysitting!! Otherwise, I would have been blown away many times (as you experienced). My ISP would plug a window in informing me that I would be disconnected in 5 minutes unless I wanted to click on 'STAY CONNECTED'. Perhaps all ISP do the same????
Old 10-29-2001, 06:36 PM   #6
Legolas the Elven Archer

Yah, I loved the familliars LOL3 had (essssspecccccially Sssyrussssssssssss )

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Legolas:
Supreme Ranger-Protector of the Ironworks
Only Ranger-Protector of the Ironworks
Maintainer of the as of yet unopened Ranger-Protector of the Ironworks Clan Website
Feeling lonely but waiting until tomorrow...

Old 10-29-2001, 06:37 PM   #7
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Boppa:
My thanks to you RONN!!! The D/L required babysitting!! Otherwise, I would have been blown away many times (as you experienced). My ISP would plug a window in informing me that I would be disconnected in 5 minutes unless I wanted to click on 'STAY CONNECTED'. Perhaps all ISP do the same????
You can disable that. If you go to internet properties in the control panel and then go to connection, click on properties for your dial up, you can disable the auto hang up thing.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 10-30-2001, 07:06 PM   #8
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

If you finally get the game running Boppa, feel free to ask questions here about it, as I think a lot of us have played the game and could help you. I personally LOVED all of them, can't wait till the next one (well, IF there is going to BE a next one)

------------------
Old 11-01-2001, 09:21 PM   #9
Boppa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

To those of you who have played 'LANDS OF LORE - THRONE OF CHAOS'!!!!! If you have the CD(s) for that game it would be nice to know how many files are on it. I have 82 files - they are LOLCD.001 thru LOLCD.079, two .NFO files and a FILE_ID.DIZ. I have received a SETUP.EXE from THEUNDERDOG.ORG web site people but my problem is still not solved. There seems to be a link somehow to a file(?) called SETUPENG.DIP. Exactly what that is is beyond me at the present time. The SETUP.EXE exits with a message mentioning that file. Does anyone know what other item(s) I may be missing????? (DO NOT COUNT MY BRAIN!!!)
Old 11-06-2001, 06:12 PM   #10
The_ Fur_Cough
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ditto your problem. Tried to d/l & play that same game from the same site about 10 months ago. Same problem, never got round it and never did play it. You're not alone dude.