Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-05-2001, 06:57 PM   #21
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

250, we have to pay for things. its a little thing called economy. if we didnt pay for them, then that stuff would get taken away and wed be out on the streets. it doesnt matter how 'professional' or 'financially independent' you are, you still have to make payments on things. your going to HAVE to pay taxes, no matter which country you live in and no matter how long. and you say your only 'mental limit' is your stuttering problem. well tell me this: can you write out an entire physics equation? can you do absolutely everything, do you know absolutely everything? nope, thought not. those were the barriers i was referring to. if you thik you can, then you are dangerously overconfident in yourself. you need to know that you have limits, just like every other mortal being in the universe. and we also have to get up every day and go to work, just like everybody else in this country who has a desire to get paid and not lose anything they worked so hard to buy.

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Old 09-05-2001, 07:07 PM   #22
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
First of all, I do not get offended that easy 250!

Second, I agree that a lot of people do get up to go to work, merely for the paycheck and to pay bills, but I can name numerous people that got up and went to work to make their lives better and to become billionaires. I don't get up early and go to work for the paycheck. I do it because I like my job, the harder I work the higher up the ladder I climb, the higher I climb the more money I make, the more money I make the better I can live my life, the better I can live my life, the better I can make other peoples lives, the better I can make other peoples live, the better society will be. Not all of us are stuck in the rut you think we are! It is a nice dream to have to not to have to work for anybody else...but how will you pay your bills? Where will you live while making your millions? Where will you eat?

Third, are you saying that you actually believe that some people aren't smarter than others? That is a pretty absurd comment to make...some people ARE smarter than others, and not by just a litte, by a hell of a lot!

those numerous people you would name, are the smart people who ignore the traps that lay ahead most of americans.

i heard a lot people say "I work because I love my job."
or "I dont care about money."

well, it is very hard to ignore money when it is the thing that supports your life. have you ever thought of a vacation? a car? perhaps a nice jacket? if yes, well, then you are working for money.

true that, some people believe they are working for an ideal, a dream, a vision. well, you want to hear a secret?

YOU CAN BE RICH, AND STILL WORK FOR YOUR BELIEF

it is how you choose to live affect your life. think about when you are rich, when you dont have to get up so early to work for a paycheck, how much enjoyable your life can be then. you can TRUELY work on things that you believe. and not to forget, when you have money at your command, you can be more resourceful to whatever you do.

my point is: being rich doesn't prevent you from working at soemthing you love.

are you afraid of this idea? attack it then, because it is true.

now let me name a few things you can do:
starts investment
build a cooporation, then you can pay nearly no tax to whatever you gain. (cooperation is a folder with many legal documents, it is not a building with offices)
cut down your expanses
invest some more

most people say "I dont want to invest because I have money to do it."
well, that is a lie. most of the time, they fear losing money, and most of time, they are too satisfied with what they have.

save 1.5 dollars every week, that is nearly 500 dollars by the end of the year. well, that is a good start

don't think about what you cannot do, think about what you can do!

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 09-05-2001).]
Old 09-05-2001, 07:09 PM   #23
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
250, we have to pay for things. its a little thing called economy. if we didnt pay for them, then that stuff would get taken away and wed be out on the streets. it doesnt matter how 'professional' or 'financially independent' you are, you still have to make payments on things. your going to HAVE to pay taxes, no matter which country you live in and no matter how long. and you say your only 'mental limit' is your stuttering problem. well tell me this: can you write out an entire physics equation? can you do absolutely everything, do you know absolutely everything? nope, thought not. those were the barriers i was referring to. if you thik you can, then you are dangerously overconfident in yourself. you need to know that you have limits, just like every other mortal being in the universe. and we also have to get up every day and go to work, just like everybody else in this country who has a desire to get paid and not lose anything they worked so hard to buy.

you can pay much less tax, and you can pay much less expanses. you just have to be "smart" and that is what most professionals don't see, and that is what the culture does not see

your limit is much further than your eyes can tell
Old 09-05-2001, 07:23 PM   #24
MagiK

Smarts and rich have no real bearing on each other. I know CEO's with multi-million dollar (through work not as friends) homes who couldnt think their way out of a paperbag and I know brilliant scientists who work for DISA who have IQ's in excess of 160 who can't figure out how to dress them selves sensibly.

Albert Einstein wasn't rich, Stephen Hawking isn't rich but I would hardly say they werent intellignet.

If you have the right combination of Intelligence, Work Ethic, determination and luck you can do any thing Personally I am not RICH and yet I have succeeded wildly beyond the dreams I had when I was in highschool Im happy with life, with myself and with the world for the most part and thats all I can say. I work the Job I do because I enjoy the work. They don't require me to put in all the overtime I do and I don't earn any extra for doing it (Im salaried) I do it because I enjoy it and because I have professional pride.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-05-2001, 07:25 PM   #25
MagiK

How do you know there aren't any multi-billionaires on here? Even they work, I have never heard of anyone rich or poor who doesnt have some sort of job...well strike that...I know of a few welfare recipients who don't do anything at all but they are the exception.

------------------

Old 09-05-2001, 07:33 PM   #26
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
now let me name a few things you can do:
starts investment
build a cooporation, then you can pay nearly no tax to whatever you gain. (cooperation is a folder with many legal documents, it is not a building with offices)
cut down your expanses
invest some more

most people say "I dont want to invest because I have money to do it."
well, that is a lie. most of the time, they fear losing money, and most of time, they are too satisfied with what they have.

save 1.5 dollars every week, that is nearly 500 dollars by the end of the year. well, that is a good start

don't think about what you cannot do, think about what you can do!

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 09-05-2001).]
Did you read some sort of financial book or something and are now on the investing bandwagon?

I hope these comments were not directed at me! I will not reveal more about myself then I have to, but I will say two things!

One, I have been investing since I was 15...I have enough money from those investments right now the I could not work if I didn't want to, OK. So yes I choose to work to make myself richer, not b/c I have to!

Second, How do you think people get rich? Yes you can start a corporation, does that not take work? I have two good friends that started an internet company, worked their ass off, sometimes going 48 or more hours with no sleep, then they sold this little company of theirs to CBS for...let's just say a lot of money. It is now a little site called marketwatch...look it up www.cbsmarketwatch.com!

I am not going to sit here and argue investment and personal finance with you...I can gaurentee I know a hell of a lot more than you do, and maybe even more than you will ever know!

If this offends you then attack it, I don't care!

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 09-05-2001, 07:33 PM   #27
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Smarts and rich have no real bearing on each other. I know CEO's with multi-million dollar (through work not as friends) homes who couldnt think their way out of a paperbag and I know brilliant scientists who work for DISA who have IQ's in excess of 160 who can't figure out how to dress them selves sensibly.

Albert Einstein wasn't rich, Stephen Hawking isn't rich but I would hardly say they werent intellignet.

If you have the right combination of Intelligence, Work Ethic, determination and luck you can do any thing Personally I am not RICH and yet I have succeeded wildly beyond the dreams I had when I was in highschool Im happy with life, with myself and with the world for the most part and thats all I can say. I work the Job I do because I enjoy the work. They don't require me to put in all the overtime I do and I don't earn any extra for doing it (Im salaried) I do it because I enjoy it and because I have professional pride.

this might not be popuplar, but to hell with your professional pride

surely, you have a "secure" job, and a happy life. (by the way, it is a blessing to have a happy life)

not all professionals enjoy an illusion job security

and the problem to professional is, the mroe you specialized, the mroe trouble you will be in.

what if you suddenyl lose your job one day? you will find out that your house, car, and even your kids, are eating you alive, and yes, don't count on "I will find another job quickly"

markets do crash in this country, and economy do run into trouble everyonce a while. so how would you live then? eat your professional pride?

those people you named: Albert Eistain, well, he is rich. what I am saying is, he has enough wealth to afford his life time expanse, right?

the definition of rich is not how much you make, or you own, it is how long you can live with the current financial situation. that is why, not all richs are rich, and not all poors are poor.

just calculate your income and expanse, and see how long you can survive once you lose your job. and yes, your house does depreviate, and you do have to pay property tax, insurance, living expanses... and if you still think you are safe, then you are in trouble.

and those rich people you know who cannot tie their shoes whatsoever, I hardly say it is a mark of intelligence

rich has nothing to do with intelligence, wealth does

and if you think you are intelligent, start making some changes now, and generate some wealth. ohh, one last input, you are doing this for yourself as well as your family, offsprings. so think about it
Old 09-05-2001, 07:34 PM   #28
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

err, if they find out your lying on your tax return, you get the IRS on your back and you have a severe audit on your hands. and also, payments must be made eventually, so i say do them ASAP so they dont strike when youre low on money!

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Old 09-05-2001, 07:37 PM   #29
MagiK

Yikes! glad to see you are that angry all the time Moridin...oops got you confused with someone else still dude...is it worth that much acid build up?

Yo! 250 who said I have Job security?? that is a thing of fiction...at least in my life..thats why in prosperous years I do the best planning I can and hope for the best. I also didnt say I was living in bliss I just said that for the most part Im happy and don't blame my problems on the universe. You only have what you make of life, it isnt all luck and it isn't all skill but it is all HARD work. Yeah you are right about specialization..thats why you shouldnt specialize in something too isoteric. If you live in the US and cannot make a go of it..then I would say that there isn't anywhere in the world that you can...which doesnt leave much in the way of options. Bad things happen to good people....but smart people (not just IQ smart) do their best to plan for those disasters.

------------------

[This message has been edited by MagiK (edited 09-05-2001).]

[This message has been edited by MagiK (edited 09-05-2001).]

Old 09-05-2001, 07:37 PM   #30
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Did you read some sort of financial book or something and are now on the investing bandwagon?

I hope these comments were not directed at me! I will not reveal more about myself then I have to, but I will say two things!

One, I have been investing since I was 15...I have enough money from those investments right now the I could not work if I didn't want to, OK. So yes I choose to work to make myself richer, not b/c I have to!

Second, How do you think people get rich? Yes you can start a corporation, does that not take work? I have two good friends that started an internet company, worked their ass off, sometimes going 48 or more hours with no sleep, then they sold this little company of theirs to CBS for...let's just say a lot of money. It is now a little site called marketwatch...look it up www.cbsmarketwatch.com!

I am not going to sit here and argue investment and personal finance with you...I can gaurentee I know a hell of a lot more than you do, and maybe even more than you will ever know!

If this offends you then attack it, I don't care!

good, then why are you defending something you don't even believe?

maybe you know more than I do, for now. but not ever

and of course, you are in list of those "smart" people. I dont see the point of arguing with you, if you have already avoided one of the biggest traps that most people are in.

you are just arguing for arguing's sake