Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-23-2000, 08:41 PM   #1
Windeye

Does anyone out there have any information on whether or not Vampirism can be "cured"?
I don't think the pros outweigh the cons...however if anyone else does, let me know why.

PS Anyone else had two of their party bitten by Her? She signed her death warrant doing that to me...*mutter*

Thanks

Old 10-23-2000, 10:00 PM   #2
T-Rex

I did not allow the vampire to bite any of my party members. I had heard too many negatives about being a vampire in the game. I am fairly sure there is no way to cure vampirism in the game...sorry, but I think you are stuck that way.

Old 10-24-2000, 01:17 AM   #3
Windeye

Ah, looks like i'll be reloading. Pity, 90mins wasted =(

Thanks friend.

(still like any more info on this btw.)

Old 10-24-2000, 01:26 AM   #4
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

I've posted of several forums and no one seems to touch this thread. There HAS to be a cure it, I mean there was for Boogreism, and it affected you as a trait that was permanent.

I'm going to try and research this and see if I learn anything...my Elf Assassin is a great character, but the HP drain sucks. Even having items with regeneration powers does little to help.

Anyone else?

Scronan
Old 10-24-2000, 10:42 AM   #5
Windeye

I agree, there must be a cure for it, somewhere...

I hope you find a cure for your Elven Assassin, Scronan.

Old 10-25-2000, 04:32 PM   #6
Regis
Welcomed New User

Not sure about this one, but I picked up a Voodoo Doll off of a Zombie Master while in Shurugeon Castle. Tried using it on a regular character with no noticeable results...it might be the deus. I don't presently have any vampires to test it on, so I don't know for sure. I suppose I could go back and get 'cozy' with Lysandra....
Old 10-25-2000, 04:41 PM   #7
Windeye

*Minor Spoiler Alert
I found that too Regis, haven't tried it yet though. I suppose it could work, although it doesn't seem likely. Btw. you said "go back to": how did you get the Tusk of Lust without incuring the curse or killing her?

Windeye

Old 10-25-2000, 05:10 PM   #8
Regis
Welcomed New User

Well, no dice on that count...it appears to be some kind of offensive item. Doesn't do anything for characters, and trying it on Lysandra pissed her off. So, I killed her, but she didn't drop anything that would help either.

I originally went for the Vampirism, but after reading no remedies here, I went back to a previous load and stole it off her along with some other items (got at least one ankh I think). Others have just fought her outright for it as well. In addition, I tried using the Tusk as well as the other Evil Elements with no result. And dear old D'Soto can't think much past bequesting me to continue on and seek the Mavin Sword (typical customer service ;-p).

Regis

Has anyone tried just outright dying from vampirism and being resurrected?
Old 10-25-2000, 10:25 PM   #9
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Howdy All

Just did some big time research for curing Vampirism, and no dice unfortunately. I did learn some cool stuff:

1. Going back to Lysandra doesn't to a thing. I got the Tusk and used it on her (ok a few times, its a good laugh), but to no avail. I tried biting her with the bite, and well that didn't do any good.

2. When I heard of the Vampires in Skull Castle, I thought, this must be the place to cure it. Well, not that I have found. Madda Mabbig or whatever didn't let me talk to her, she just attacked so I whomped her. No cure for my Vampire.

3. Adrianna - When you give her the Scroll of Banishing, she will offer you "new ability", which will curse you with the power of the Succubi. Anyone getting this will get both vampirism and vampire breath. I talked to her upside down and backwards with my Vampire Elf, but to no avail. I finally chose to have her curse my already blood sucking lady, which gave her the frost breath trait. Big whoopie, its just like the spell, yee ha, what fun.

4. Killing Adrianna and her horde of vamps doesn't work either. I've just completed Skull Castle and I've gone over the entire game to this point with a fine toothed comb. I'm still thinking there is a cure, I havent given up, but I am close to the end of the game, so it may be too late.

Anyone else? There's GOT to be a cure! Arrrrrrrgh!

Scronan