Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-04-2001, 07:33 PM   #91
Desuma_Malevois

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
Larry, the witch K.Spree is here!
Avatar summons his fire resistant Avariels and they start to chant: HAIL AERIE

[OK, now that we've had a chance to get here, let's get this puppy started. Anyone who wants to, jump on in.]

As Larry and Killing Spree sit in the restaurant discussing debts owed and truces broken, Desuma looks out at the assembled horde. She is fully prepared for battle, dressed in (non-armored) black leather, a full face mask, and adorned with a small fortune in jewelry, much of which is bound to be magical. In sheathes at her side are twin daggers that almost moan with power, and a quarterstaff is slung across her back. Drongo the feral halfling guards her back, a short sword in his hand and assorted kitchen utensils peeking out of the pockets of the greasy apron that he wears over his leather armor. The Dessert Cart of Doom is at their side. The staff of the KFA are all in position, and the mysterious hooded warriors stand between them and the newly arrived horde with weapons drawn.

"Well, Drongo," she mocks in a voice that somehow transcends the chanting of the Avariel, "guess who's coming to dinner? I'm sorry to disappoint you, gentlebeings, but you should have called ahead. Parties of more than ten require a reservation, and I just don't see yours in our book. Perhaps I could offer you some rat-on-a-stick before you leave. No?"

------------------
Proprieter of IW's finest dining establishment, KFA (a.k.a. Kentucky Fried Avariel). It's finger lickin' good!!

Old 10-04-2001, 07:43 PM   #92
Desuma_Malevois

Quote:
Originally posted by Haddar - Servant of Talos:
Argh!! KAZ, my post was supposed to be submitted before you went to bed =(
Ah well. I guess people will just have to read my post first anyway. =)
[Tell me about it! There've been five or six posts from the time I began typing my last post and the time I posted it. Anyway, you're welcome to join in the story, just jump on in. Read the rules on this conflict that Larry posted over at the GD forum, if you haven't already. Basically just use common sense and be considerate of other players' feelings even as you battle their characters.

Mike]

------------------
Proprieter of IW's finest dining establishment, KFA (a.k.a. Kentucky Fried Avariel). It's finger lickin' good!!

Old 10-04-2001, 07:43 PM   #93
Haddar - Servant of Talos
The Magister

Haddar looks at Desuma and Drongo.

"Hehe, are you dressed for battle or what?" Who are you to fight??" If it is some ALSB scum, then count me in. If you want me to, that is."

Haddars facial expression shows that he is ready to send any ALSB member to the abyss.

"You don't happen to have a secoond quarterstaff lying around somewhere? I'm quite proficient with one, you know."
Old 10-04-2001, 07:45 PM   #94
The Magister

I've read it, and everything there is OK with me.
Old 10-04-2001, 08:09 PM   #95
Desuma_Malevois

Quote:
Haddar looks at Desuma and Drongo.

"Hehe, are you dressed for battle or what?" Who are you to fight??" If it is some ALSB scum, then count me in. If you want me to, that is."

Haddars facial expression shows that he is ready to send any ALSB member to the abyss.

"You don't happen to have a secoond quarterstaff lying around somewhere? I'm quite proficient with one, you know."
"Well, Haddar," Desuma says, "we are a restaurant, not an army, so I don't WANT to fight; however, we will defend ourselves if we have to."

"Looks like we're gonna have to, boss," Drongo chimes in.

"Ahem, yes," Desuma continues, "be that as it may, I'd be pleased to count on you to aid us in our defense". Reaching underneath the cart, she pulls out a well-used quarterstaff. Flecks of dried gore still cling to both ends. "This is a 'custom' staff of my own design. One end is so heavily enchanted it will breach even the mightiest wizard's Improved Mantle spell, yet the other end has no enchantment at all, in case you face a foe that is protected from enchanted weapons. The only trick is to remember which end is which. Oh, by the way, this isn't how I dress for battle - it's my party outfit. So let's party!"

------------------

Old 10-04-2001, 08:21 PM   #96
The Magister

Haddar, being a showoff, makes a couple of cool Kensai moves.

"Party you say. I mustn't forget my mead then."

*drink drink drink*

"Aahh...yes. I'm ready. I'll make them listen to my partymusic made up of some hard beats from this "fleut" - Haddar makes a new cool Kensai quarterstaff move.
Old 10-04-2001, 08:23 PM   #97
The Magister

Out of Character

Sorry Desuma. I'm quite tired and I'm going to bed. It's 2:20 in the middle of the night here =) Goodnight to you and everybody else on the forum right now.

ZzzzZZZzzzzZZZzzz
Old 10-04-2001, 08:42 PM   #98
Desuma_Malevois

Quote:
Haddar, being a showoff, makes a couple of cool Kensai moves.

"Party you say. I mustn't forget my mead then."

*drink drink drink*

"Aahh...yes. I'm ready. I'll make them listen to my partymusic made up of some hard beats from this "fleut" - Haddar makes a new cool Kensai quarterstaff move.
"Very impressive, Haddar," Desuma says, "oh, and I forgot the stave's best feature. In a specially reinforced compartment in the middle there is a flask you can keep your mead in; after all, 'partying' is thirsty work."

{Good night, Haddar (and everyone else). I've got to go to work soon, myself. I'm glad you've joined in!}

------------------

[This message has been edited by Desuma_Malevois (edited 10-04-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Desuma_Malevois (edited 10-04-2001).]

Old 10-04-2001, 08:47 PM   #99
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

apparantly nobody wishes to meet my demands... oh well... *grabs a random person and puts the spork up next to their jugular vein* alright, now i have a human hostage. i want my 1500 pounds of gold, gems, and 2 kilometers of fine silks within the next hour or, or, or something... oh yeah! or this guy gets it!

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.
Page in the Court of Lady Lioness

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-04-2001, 09:13 PM   #100
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

It has been a long journey, and Mistral is tired and ravenous. Dragging her feet, she approaches a friendly-looking enough restaurant. "KFA"... what could it possibly stand for?

Strangely, the door is open but there seems to be no one at the counter. She takes a quick glance around the room. Chocolates! They look yummy But wait! They're exquisitely shaped, like an elf (albeit a wingless one)... it seems a pity to sink her teeth into such a beauteous creation.

Groaning, Mistral sits at one of the benches. Hoping someone will come to take orders. She examines her two swords with pride, remembering how she had slayed a mage earlier in her travels. One breach spell, followed by her kai ability had sent him to the abyss.

Mistral sighs inwardly. If only there is some worthwhile cause to champion...

"Does anyone require my services?" she announces to nobody in particular. Her voice echoes in the room.