Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2001, 03:26 PM   #1
Arathor
The Magister

Still haven't decided whether i want to do it with NPC's or create my own party, but just in case, what makes up the perfect player created party?
Arathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 05:21 AM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

What alignment are you planning?

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 02:45 PM   #3
Tom
Elminster

Try six assassins! Really interesting.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 03:21 PM   #4
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

easy

Cavalier
Half-orc Barbarian
Cleric of Lathanda
Avenger or whatever you want.
Mage/thief
Mage

I prefer mage/thieves to straight thieves cause I don't like thieves and there useless 80% of the time. Can't do melee in a real fight. Being able to backstab one bad guy when your facing 10 of em isn't very helpful. The only thing they can do that is usefull is disarm traps. Duel em to a mage and you've got yourself a back up mage.

Warby
Warby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 10:46 PM   #5
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

fighter/thief
cavalier
half orc kensai(my new favourite)
fighter-cleric
sorcerer
another sorcerer(damn these guys are good)

Old 12-16-2001, 01:34 AM   #6
Norbane
Dungeon Master

I've never done a full 6-player party, I like the npc interaction. But I'm really loving my current party, here's the lineup;

Half Elf Ranger/Cleric (I can't believe how cool this combo is.)
Half Orc Fighter/Thief (very cool, good tank. Gonna be insanely powerful once he hits ToB.)

Minsc (getting replaced with Mazzy soon)(I'll prolly replace her with *someone* in ToB)
Jaheria (keeping her for romance, and she's a good druid)
Yoshimo (getting dumped promptly for Edwin)
Jan (getting dumped before I go to fetch Imoen)
Norbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 07:47 AM   #7
melancholic_goat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In my 'humble' opinion, I would reccomend:
Half-Orc Kensai
Halfling Thief
Human Shapeshifter
Elf Sorcerer
Elf Archer
Human Monk

That'll do fine
Old 12-16-2001, 07:50 AM   #8
melancholic_goat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oh, and if you wanna solo, go for either a Sorcerer, Cavalier, or Shapeshifter. But make 'em human, because your gonna need that 'advance to any level' if you go solo.

Sorcerer is the best of those three, just remember: FIREBALL! And get a familiar with spot traps. Very useful.
Old 01-03-2002, 01:01 PM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Ahhhh, returning after a long hiatus. So satisfying.

Personally, I feel the available NPCs are really too weak to put together a strong party--you've almost GOT to create at least 3 characters yourself, if you want to kick ass. I sense that it was actually BioWare's INTENT that you go Multiplayer--if they wanted us to like the NPCs, they'd have included people like Coran. The choice of available NPCs is just too damn sparse....if you want a good Cleric you have to choose between the Evil one with lousy CON and the annoying one with crappy DEX. Imoen's a good Mage, but the way *I* Dual-classed her, she had 100% in Find Traps and Stealth, and she was a Conjurer to boot. Now that they've totally screwed up her Thieving skills, I almost don't want her anymore. Also, there are no Sorcerors, Barbarians, Monks, Kensai, etc.

I, personally, am sticking with 6 PC's of my own, this first game, a truly godly party the first time out, so I've got a better chance of doing well on my first game of BG2.

My opinion of the 'perfect' party (This may change after I come to understand BG2):

Neutral Good Male Human Assassin: 19 / 19 / 16 / 10 / 15 / 17
(to be Dualed to Fighter in ToB)
Neutral Good Female Half-Elven Cleric/Mage: 6 / 18 / 16 / 19 / 21 / 19
Lawful Good Female Human Undead Hunter: 178) / 18 / 18 / 10 / 18 / 17
Chaotic Neutral Male Elven Mage/Thief: 13 / 19 / 16 / 18 / 16 / 4
True Neutral Male Human Berserker: 15 / 18 / 18 / 14 / 18 / 10
(will Dual to Cleric in ToB)
Chaotic Good Female Elven Archer: 177) / 19 / 17 / 11 / 18 / 12

Quite the lethal team, to my mind. ALL the bases are covered, except I don't have a real Druid. Oh well--but I can always swap in a Totemic Druid->Fighter in the Archer's slot. (I chose Demonic/Fell for my Archer's Racial Enemy, to make up for my lack of a Cavalier, but should I have gone with Mind Flayers or Umber Hulks instead?)

I'd like to point out that I have absolutely NO life: All of those numbers were rolled. Well, almost. I gave the Tomes of STR and DEX to the Assassin, and all the other Tomes to the Cleric/Mage....and I did cheat. I hacked the Mage/Thief's CHA down to 4, for roleplay purposes.
Old 01-03-2002, 01:31 PM   #10
Nifft the Nimble

I had tons of fun my first game with this 4-person custom party:

Human Cavalier
Dwarven Fighter/Cleric
Elven Sorcerer
Gnomish Thief/Illusionist

I also took Jaheira and (eventually) Imoen.

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote