Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2001, 05:40 PM   #41
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

watching the two assasins from a short distance while planning his next move, Shadow saw one of them topple, an arrow through his chest. The other one was running off. Well, he'd already found the horses, it was a safe bet that this fool would head straight for them. He should be able to get there first and surprise him. Sprinting through the trees, Shadow considered how to do this. It didn't take long for him to decide a head on approach was the best, simple and effective. So he mingled with the horses, quieting them until the fleeing assasin was into the clearing and rapidly approaching. Then he slapped one on the rump, heading it toward the assasin, ad followed along on it's off side, away from those darts. As they neared the assasin, he slowed to let the horse pass by, then leapt at the man, one wakizashi drawm. The fool's eyes were still on the horse and he barely had time to notice Shadow before his neck sprouted a new smile.
That should be that for the lackeys, Shadow thought. Time to head back and see how the others are fairing. Stopping to pick up his bow on the way, shadow approached the stableyard to see the remaining two assailants under guard.
Old 10-29-2001, 05:53 PM   #42
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

The last assasin was barely able to slip a cry before he enters the same realm like his other companions. Talthyr, Legolas, Liliara and the soldier turned just in time to see Shadow emergying out of the bush, wakizashi in hand glowing and blood dripping. The stalker calmly clean the stain, and offered a nod to the group:
"Shadow"

To which the group replied:
"Talthyr" "Legolas" "Liliara" "Sir Denis" in turn. When Liliara and Sir Denis spoke their names, they exchaged a quick glance at each other, admiring. Nalio caught the unspoken words, and a strange cozzy feeling stuck in the street rogue's chest. He sighed, "So," and looked up to his beautiful captor said bitterly:
"what fate am I to suffer?"

The mage is half dead, semiconcious

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 10-29-2001).]
Old 10-29-2001, 06:25 PM   #43
Legolas the Elven Archer

Legolas considered the prisoners for a while. The little man would probably be no danger at all, but you could never be too careful. An interrogation would be wise to ensure their own safety.
The mage was a different story alltogether.

'I've had some experience with this' Legolas started.
'If we make the mage speak now, he'll die before we get all the information. On the other hand, if we allow him time to recover he will either attack again or he will be mysteriously slain before we get our answers. I suggest we take our time and think this over over a mug of Darkbrew CCL.'
Looking at the slightly confused and bewildered faces, he added:
'I doubt there'll be another assassination attempt tonight. None lived to tell the tale. For a while at least, their employer will assume they've succeded'

OOC: Feel free to argue with me here. You never know what tricks the DM has up his sleeve

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Legolas:
Supreme Ranger-Protector of the Ironworks
Only Ranger-Protector of the Ironworks
Maintainer of the as of yet unopened Ranger-Protector of the Ironworks Clan Website
Feeling lonely but waiting until tomorrow...

Old 10-29-2001, 06:34 PM   #44
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, thank you bro, you rock! actually, "none live to tell the tale" IS a tale by itself
Old 10-29-2001, 06:38 PM   #45
Legolas the Elven Archer

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
OOC: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, thank you bro, you rock! actually, "none live to tell the tale" IS a tale by itself
OOC: It is, but not on such short notice

Old 10-29-2001, 06:58 PM   #46
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC: since Liliara is not here, and she is the main person to advance the plot, I will do something myself

The group nodded in agreement. They all walked into the bar once again. Liliara having to take care of Drak, handed Nalio to Sir Denis: "Keep an eye on him please? I have to take care Drak." Sir Denis put down the mage, and bend over, tied Nalio's hands on his back and looked up: "Leave them to me, you be careful."

Liliara took Drak to stable

As the group took the prisoners back to the bar, Res came out from the inn "wow, I am glad no one is hurt, you all seem to be very capable of handling such things".
Old 10-29-2001, 11:28 PM   #47
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

OOC: I'm on at around eastern US time 11pm to whenever am. Look at it this way though, at least we are here around the clock to keep the thread on the first page!

IC: Liliara leads Drak to his stall and soothes him with gentle words. He had performed so well, and she told him so. She spied the stablehands bucket of tools and removed a curry comb, running it accross Drak's shiny black coat, realaxing him further. When his gentle nickerings finally came, she knew he was calm and she could return to the tavern. She exited the stables through the back and reentered the bar through the back door, watching carefully as she went. Her arm and her head were throbbing. How had Nalagath caught on to her so quickly?

She sat down at the table that Sir Denis occupied, a couple of new faces now sitting talking with him. She recognized one as the man who had taken the mage off balance. Just then, the young girl Liliara had encoutered earlier came to the table. Liliara extended a delicate hand to her arm, and her voice was soft:: Forgive me for my actions earlier, I never meant any harm to you. I'm sorry if I caught you off guard. I wasn't myself. ::she looked down, then continued:: I don't suppose you have a needle and thread? Ahh, and a mug of your strongest liquor.

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

"I've had it up to here, listening to a small segment of people try to put down America! America's the greatest land on Earth, and we oughta be proud of what we have! I'm proud of America, I'm proud of our people, and I'm gonna prove it. We're American and DAMN proud of it! Frankly I'm getting a little ticked off...go ta ****"... Dink (if anyone knows who originally said this, please let me know!)

[This message has been edited by Liliara (edited 10-29-2001).]
Old 10-30-2001, 12:03 AM   #48
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

The little girl bowed shyly and was calmed by the lady's soothing words, turning, she left and came back minutes later with a mug on her hands, and several small items Lady Liliara required

Nalio sat in the corner, eyes fixed on Liliara's graceful movement.

Everyone sat togther, no one was talking for a moment. Nalio tried to say something, but wisely kept his mouth shut.

The mage was tied on a chair against the wall, breathing weakly.

The fire burnt low in the inn

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 10-30-2001).]
Old 10-30-2001, 12:22 AM   #49
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

::Liliara thanked the girl and set out the sewing items the girl had brought. The silence in the room suited her just fine at the moment. She picked out a thin needle and walked slowly to the fire and knelt down, passing the needle through some of the smaller flames, wincing as the heat spread through the needle. Nalio started to talk and her eyes narrowed in warning. Thankfully, he swallowed whatever he had to say.

She sat back down at the table and picked out a peach colored thread, placing it through the eye of the needle. This done, she rolled up her sleave and drank deeply from the mug in front of her. She waited a moment for the warmth of the drink to course through her and lifted the needle again. She turned her attention to the wound in her arm, setting the stitches close to minimize any scarring that would come.::

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

"I've had it up to here, listening to a small segment of people try to put down America! America's the greatest land on Earth, and we oughta be proud of what we have! I'm proud of America, I'm proud of our people, and I'm gonna prove it. We're American and DAMN proud of it! Frankly I'm getting a little ticked off...go ta ****"... Dink (if anyone knows who originally said this, please let me know!)

[This message has been edited by Liliara (edited 10-30-2001).]
Old 10-30-2001, 12:34 AM   #50
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Vangurd's low volumned snorts blended perfectly with the silence in the room. He rythmly mumbled some unknown languages.

Res surveyed the room with his typical halfling expression, then eyes set back to Liliara's admintum sword, flashing excitingly. Thinking to himself for a second, then he broke the silence

"Lady Liliara, I believe that is your fair name?"