Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-02-2001, 04:38 AM   #71
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I've got a couple of extra scanners that I can't use because they're not win2k compliant. If anyone wants them and is willing to pay for shipping they're yours. I have a SCSI Umax with SCSI card and a USB canon that I can't use. Email me if you're interested.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-02-2001, 06:29 AM   #72
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
I've got a couple of extra scanners that I can't use because they're not win2k compliant. If anyone wants them and is willing to pay for shipping they're yours. I have a SCSI Umax with SCSI card and a USB canon that I can't use. Email me if you're interested.

Milamber, you may want to create a thread for this one so that more people can see it.

------------------
Old 09-03-2001, 08:01 AM   #73
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
It's all going horribly wrong!
I can't seem to get a usable picture out of the thing - the image goes all red. I must be doing it wrong, but I don't see how! I'm going to keep trying though. It will happen, trust me!

Sorted it all out, luv?

------------------
Old 09-03-2001, 08:39 AM   #74
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Sorted it all out, luv?

Noooo! I'm waiting for Agfa technical support to e-mail me. It's an Agfa SnapScan Touch desktop scanner, with Agfa software. Here's what happens (just in case anyone here has used one of these):

I put a pic on the scanner, and click preview. The scanner light moves down, getting a preview image which comes up on the screen bit by bit - and it looks fine. When it is finished, it puts a 'selection box' around the image - the selection box is red. If you then click scan to export to file, it exports the redness too. If you turn off the red selection box, all the buttons allowing you to scan, export etc. are greyed-out! The only way you can do anything with the image is if there is that damn red box over it!

This only happens when trying to scan in colour, b&w works fine, but I want to put a colour pic up. I look crap in b&w, 'cos I'm very pale-skinned so I look like a ghost!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 09-03-2001, 08:49 AM   #75
Rikard

mario
could you rename the first pictur of me from chao tang kai to chao kang tai?
thats my correct name you know

------------------

OMG I have no Arms
Wait I don't have a body either
But i DO have a Desert Eagle

Old 09-03-2001, 09:13 AM   #76
Epona
Zartan

Good News!
Agfa JUST this minute e-mailed me with a solution. It's a problem with the "sRGB Color Space Profile.icm" color profile, whatever the flip that means!!

They have given me instructions on how to fix it, so tonite is the nite....
Now I just have to work out how to upload the pics, assuming the fix works.

I can't help thinking you're all going to be terribly disappointed after the wait! But watch this space...

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 09-03-2001, 10:18 AM   #77
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
mario
could you rename the first pictur of me from chao tang kai to chao kang tai?
thats my correct name you know

Done. Sorry, I did that months ago.

------------------
Old 09-03-2001, 12:41 PM   #78
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Good News!
Agfa JUST this minute e-mailed me with a solution. It's a problem with the "sRGB Color Space Profile.icm" color profile, whatever the flip that means!!

That's great news Epona! I have an HP scanner. I pulled the program up yesterday to see if there was any way I could help you sort out your problem but I came to a dead end.
We are all wishing you success and looking forward to seeing you.
*Hugs*

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-03-2001, 08:50 PM   #79
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

You look great Epona So glad you finally got your scanner sorted Oh, and nothing wrong with "red," red is a nice color on you!

------------------
Old 09-06-2001, 01:17 PM   #80
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Bumping up!

------------------