Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2001, 02:04 PM   #151
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

*BUMP*

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-31-2001, 03:59 AM   #152
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

*BUMP*

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-31-2001, 11:35 AM   #153
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

bumparoona

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

"I've put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go. For all this theres only one thing you should know....."
Old 06-02-2001, 02:53 AM   #154
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

*BUMP*

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 06-02-2001, 05:07 AM   #155
Leagle
Manshoon

*Thump!*
Old 06-02-2001, 05:54 AM   #156
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

*spank*

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

"I've put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go. For all this theres only one thing you should know....."
Old 06-02-2001, 07:39 AM   #157
Phoenix
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sounds like an old episode of Batman in here.

------------------
Me fail English? That umpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Old 06-02-2001, 10:42 AM   #158
Vampire

Memmnoch can you delete the bump posts after they've bumped it. Scrolling is soooo tedious...thanks!
Old 06-05-2001, 08:34 AM   #159
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

This will make you feel better then
BBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPP PPP
Old 06-12-2001, 06:56 AM   #160
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Okay, at long last some news.

Throne of Bhaal
David Gaider (Senior Designer)
Death Bow being useless: Death Blow isn't useless. Not every enemy you encounter is over 12 HD, and some with less HD can have some extremely annoying powers (illithids, beholders and elementals come to mind).

Perhaps you might want to keep in mind that Death Blow can be acquired, now, in the main BG2 game as well.

I've used it, and in the right cases it works just fine. Like all things, it is more or less useful to someone based on the tactics you use.

Of course, if you want to go ahead and grump at how useless something is just because you'd never use it yourself, than go ahead.

Knowing who the end boss is: Topics like this are funny because everyone will claim that they knew who the endboss was, anyway.

"Oh, yeah, gosh, it was SO obvious. How could you not know?"

Heh. Relax, fellas.

I mean, do you really want to sit around and piece together the whole game and ending before you even play it?

Yoshimo in ToB: I said this once before, elsewhere, but here it is again:

Yoshimo does not return. He is dead.
Derek French (Assistant Producer – Neverwinter Nights)
Infinity Engine: Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal will be the last BioWare game using the Infinity engine.

For BioWare, BG2:ToB is the last Infinity Engine game. I cannot speak for Black Isle, though.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic will be using a brand new 3D, thrid person view engine.

Rumors of ToB not being almost done: Completely untrue. It is still in QA right now. All the guys are working hard getting rid of these last bugs. So far, we have said it will be done "soon" for about a week now, but that is about as accurate as we can be now.

Status update: ToB is still in QA. We are working on the last bugs in the game and the game should be done soon. There was a fairly significant bug found Friday. It is fixed and the game is back in QA.

We don't have a release date for the game and any dates that you read from retailers are pure speculation on there part. Once the game is gold, we will be posting it here.

Becoming a play tester: Play Testers (or Quality Assurance as we like to call them) are hired like any other employee at BioWare. For QA, we are looking for people that have an eye for details and problem solving. A background knowledge of computer hardware and programming is an asset, but it is not required. Most of our QA guys come from a wide variety of backgrounds. It pretty much comes down to the interview for us.

To apply:

By mail:
BioWare Corp.
#302 10508 82 Ave
Edmonton, Alberta
Canada T6E 6H2

For e-mail, use jobs@bioware.com

For more BioWare job info:

http://www.bioware.com/info/jobs.html

Sadly, no news of gold yet...

------------------