Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2000, 04:01 AM   #21
Vlade

well, one of the weirder moments were when i was fighting Kangaxx, he kept casting imprisonment on my wizards eye when i and the paladin were choppin him up... i mean wat a 1 track mind...

Old 11-17-2000, 11:07 AM   #22
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

Quite, quite amusing. I think the number one for me was later on in the game (I think) and I took Yoshomi's heart to some temple to clean it up for a culinary experience. I entered the Temple room, stood there for a second, and then one of my characters screamed like they had just been hit! Confused, I looked around and couldn't see any aggressor. The priest then told me a story about a person who was too scared to come into the temple to pay a donation, and that instead he threw the donation in from a few yards outside the door! I was hit on the head by his flying gold coins! Made me crack up for a few minutes. Developers have warped senses of humour
Old 11-17-2000, 05:38 PM   #23
Shashae

Hmm wierdest thing I di was talk to Avil or whatever the top shadowthief was after I had come back from the underdark. He promptly offerd to ship me off to the Asylum again and so I wound up going back to Spell Hold.

Old 11-17-2000, 08:33 PM   #24
Suul-Yinn

OK just finished the Sahuagin Quest and boy was there multiple wierdness happening there! Memnoch, your dying priestess was killed because she was sacrificed by the king for supporting the losing side in the arena battle with the ettin. If you go to the Priestess merchant area you will see it happen. Unless you mean the priestess who asked you to deal with the rebel Prince, who I found dead after speaking to him, for no apparant reason... Also the Rebel Prince appeared during the fight with the King(who was dead by now) and attacked me! The game wouldn't let me kill him, despite inflicting hundreds of damage. I reloaded and this time he was nice as pie! Then after I killed the undead in the pit, a sahuagin on a nearby ledge asked me if I wanted to speak to the Rebel Prince as I had the orb. I said yes and when he said follow the game just sat there as I couldn't reach him! By the way, I ended up with three orbs, 3 ropes and 3 treasury keys because of pick-pocketing!

Old 11-17-2000, 08:51 PM   #25
Suul-Yinn

Oh, another wierd thing happened when Imoen gained level 12 mage. She gained 1xlvl 1, 1xlvl 2,1xlvl 3,2xlvl 4,2xlvl 5 and 3xlvl 6 spells! I know she is the daughter of Bhaal, but at this rate she will give Elminster a run for his money! OK she has got a ring of wizadry but this is ridiculous! I'm not complaining though, as I was sorry to leave Nalia in Spellhold, as was a lvl 14 mage at that stage.

Old 11-19-2000, 12:40 AM   #26
xcom

since so many are confunsed regarding that guy in trademeet inn, i just want to give my conclusion on that one. If you complete the game you'll see that there is a group who always following your every move its some kind of a cult following bhaal. so that guy exploding in the bar should have been the work of this "invisible" group, just to show ur being watched. or maybe hes in some sort of under geas spell not to divulge the secrets of childs of bhaal, i mean he may be working on that 'invisible"group just like yoshimo to Irenicus.

Old 11-19-2000, 01:19 AM   #27
Sabre
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So far for me... 1/2 way thru Chapter 3...
Wierdest moment for me has to be those Myconoid dudes (Mushroom Freaks) in the sewers behind the Copper Coronet. I also kept trying to save the Minotaur thinking I would be rewarded, until I realized it was not possible. One time I killed them all without Minotuar Man getting a scratch and he just falls down dead! Classic red herring. Those designer guys are sitting there going... "C'mon let me put that in.. let me play with their minds some more. Also the Talking Sword. It starting talkin bewfore i knew what was going on.. Classic, what a great match for Minsc & Boo, equip him with the Talkie Sword and he's all set for the Asylum. Other NPCS keep paying out on Minsc, it's great!

Sabre
Old 11-19-2000, 01:35 AM   #28
Armisael

An update on Viekang the Combustable Thief in the Trademeet inn. If you don't go near him with your main character, he doesn't nuke. And if you get your non-main character to talk to him, he says some strange things: "Get away from me. Please. I don't want anyone hurt," or "I just want to... to forget what I am. You wouldn't understand," oh, and "I've no intention of hurting you... things just happen around me. They don't call me the Lightning Rod for nothing, heh...". And if you talk to him five times, he blows up anyway. What the bloody hell?

Old 11-19-2000, 02:23 AM   #29
Mandrake
Welcomed New User

Geez *Lsughing at every post* Never had any of that happen. Sheesh wierdest thing was when Minsc put boo up his.......
Old 11-19-2000, 03:22 AM   #30
Sir Rich

I came across a wierd encounter, and I've seen it mentioned here already, the Minator and the two corpses in the room full of the mushroom dudes. I think I might have a small idea of what that was..........

TSR got bought out by Wizards of the Coast, who's flagship product used to be Magic the Gathering. Having been a Magic player for a while, and seeing the stories they set flavor text on the cards to work in, I think the situation could be this....

In the current Magic story, there are a number of main characters, Gerrard, the hero and captian of the plains-crossing flying ship Weatherlight, Hannah, a gal who builds magical artifacts and is the Weatherlight's navagator, and Tanganarth, a minator who provides the mussle for the crew. There are many more characters in the story, but the colors on the bodies of the two dead humans in that room looking strikingly like those that are used in the artwork depecting Gerrard and Hannah.

Maybe WotC is crossing some of their games for fun.

Makes some sence. If you notice, there's a highly addictive drug called Black Lotus that's talked about a few times in the game. The Black Lotus is the most famous card in the Magic game, costing one about $300 if you tried to buy it today.

Ugh. I just hope that if they keep this up, they don't try to incorperate Pokemon into the game. Well, on the other hand, i'd be kinda satisfying to get a critical hit on Pikachu and turn him into chunks!!! >: )