Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 05-29-2004, 02:54 AM   #1
Eagle eye
Elminster

A friend of mine is having trouble getting through the fire pit puzzles after getting the wrong jindol and going down the Wizards path instead of the Warriors one. What makes it worse is that she has no wizards. They've tried getting the other jindol-dolly thing, but the receptacle doesn't work. Is the Wizards path specificly for wizards, or could warriors do it? How do you get past the grate in the fires???
Your Help would be appreiciated.

----------
She's just my P.A.
.. Yeah right
Eagle eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 07:49 AM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

No - there is no real difference. In the tunnels of the warrior path there is a warrior spectre very similar to the one that one has to fight to get the crystal. It can only be killed in hand to hand combat. In the wizard path there is a spectre which can best be killed using spells. That is the main difference. Also there is an ankh in both paths. The warrior patch contains an ankh of strenght whereas the other has an ankh of spirituality/intellect or something like that - I cannot remember. And also in the warriors path there is an armour.

HOWEVER...

It is perfectly possible to walk both paths. Just complete the first one, and then - when one has been through the asylum - come back and get the other jindol. There are two ways of getting the second jindol. 1) Try jumping up in the corner of the wall and the ledge where it is placed. Stand directly in front of the ledge, look straight up, press run, and jump. After a few jumps you should get there. 2) The old Stackman classic. Find crates and barrels from all over the crypt and stack yourself a stairway leading to the ledge. Remember smashed crates and barrels will stack just as nicely as unstacked [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-29-2004, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 05-29-2004, 09:46 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Like bsftcs, I prefer to go down both paths... it's more fun (and more XP). You just need to climb up to get the second jindol. It's actually pretty easy, once you get the hang of it.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 07:38 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

It really doesn't matter which path you take and taking both can be fun. If you friend is really having difficulty getting through the currently chosen path - it's still early in the game - reset adventures is always a useful alternative!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 01:28 AM   #5
Eagle eye
Elminster

How do you get through the Wizard one without any decent spells?

----------
She's just my P.A.
..Yeah right
Old 06-01-2004, 05:10 AM   #6
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Run...

So far as I recall you do not have to fight with the spectre.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:59 AM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Or just kill the wizard spectre and the rest of the Wizard Way's denizens with spear, sword, and staff. They are not immune to physical damage by any means... as the Den of Thieves can attest to.
-+-+-+
Old 06-03-2004, 12:56 AM   #8
Eagle eye
Elminster

Spectre???
Old 06-03-2004, 08:35 AM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Spectre, ghost, apparition, whatever... [img]smile.gif[/img]

The initial spectral wizard that you do battle with before you get the crystals that let you get a jindol. That's who I'm talking about.

Everything on the wizard's path can be killed with steel and wood. You don't have to have magic.
-+-+-+