Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2004, 07:26 AM   #1
Wolf On Fire
Dungeon Master

Why don't we make a list of some really cool spells we've made.
Oh. and is it only people doing the quest for the temple who can get the awesome levitate blessing from the shrine under Vivec's Moon?
-Wolf on Fire
Old 03-02-2004, 08:15 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

1. The spells have a rather limited usage in Morrowind. It is almost impossible to switch from a weapon to spells or back during a combat so that "really cool spells" will not exist in the game. Moreover, you are limited to rather weak spells by the casting chance even if you have the corresponding skill(s) at 100.
Another question is "really cool enchantment". Here is a weapon, which makes you almost invincible:

Dark Dawn
- Daedric Dai Katana
- Casts when strikes: Soul Trap on target for 10 sec
- Casts when strikes: Fire Damage 18 HP on touch
- Casts when strikes: Heal self 40 HP

Needs Dragonbane Cuirass. The whole thing works together with Azura Star. Every trappable soul will occur there and it will be used for recharging the weapon subsequently.

2. Perhaps, everyone can get the blessing if he has the toll in his inventory. I don't know but I was offered (and I got) the blessing in the Koal Cave when I had Dreugh Wax in my inventory even if I wasn't a member of the Temple.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:56 PM   #3
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Some of the best combinations I''ve been using with my character are:
Spell: Burning
-Fire Weakness 40% for 10 sec
-Fire Damage 1-5 for 10 sec
Weapon: Soulburner
Made on the Foeburner Claymore, gives 5-10 fire damage and soultrap for 19 sec

Spell: Omniguard
This is a difficult manaleach, but it's worth it
-Shield 30 pts for 30 sec
-Sanctuary 30 pts for 30 sec
-Restore Health 2-5 for 30 sec
-Restore Fatigue 2-5 for 30 sec

Enchantments:
Thunder & Lightning
Dwarven Claymore with extra 10-35 shock damage
Ice(left) & Fire(right) Bracers
Bonemold bracers with 44 ice or fire damage
Old 03-02-2004, 04:27 PM   #4
Cienden
Manshoon

A few things I have,

Ring of Elemental Fury (92/400) (my favorite item):
100 Fire damage in 50 feet on touch
100 Frost damage in 50 feet on touch

Spirit Scorcher (Daedric Wakazashi..probably spelled wrong) (very handy when combined with my summon golden saint amulet and Azura's Star)
Soul Trap 10 seconds
47 Fire damage on strike

Corporeal Shredder (Daedric Longsword) (don't actually use this one these days, but it used to be my main weapon):
11 Fire damage
11 Frost damage
11 Poison

Oh and some bracers that destore fatigue, a shield that regenerates health, and a belt with levitate that combined with the boots of speed allows me to zip all over extremely fast while flying.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:36 PM   #5
Seraph
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolf On Fire:
Oh. and is it only people doing the quest for the temple who can get the awesome levitate blessing from the shrine under Vivec's Moon?
Anyone can get it, assuming that they have the (rising force?) potion you need to donate.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 06:51 AM   #6
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

So I'm walking around this shrine in Azura's Coast and I see this chest. I cas my Seeker spell(fortify luck alot for 10 sec, usefull for searching through boxes) and I search it. I see a magical belt. I pick it up and close the chest. I hear a magic behind me and I smile as I recognised the sound as a Dremora Lord. "Another soul" I thought as I dodged the first fire spell and turned to see my nemesis. I notice he has an unusual long and thin weapon which I didn't recognise. I take out my T&L claymore and charge at him. He strikes me and I watch as half my health bar goes down. I jump away, cast War Blessing(fortify attack for 20 sec, heal 5 pts for 20 sec, shield 20 pts 20 sec) and start throwing Burning at the guy. One more charge from my Fire bracer and he goes down. I go to inspect the body and I find... A DAEDRIC DAI-KATANA!!! I later enchanted it to do an extra 87 fire damage. I call it the Searing Fire. This tool of destruction has an overall damage magnitude of 90-150! Thunder & Lightning, a weapon I saw as perfect untill then dealt 10-70!
Please tell me, are there any better weapons than this? And is there any dark, black or otherwise fitting medium armor to go with this?
Old 03-04-2004, 07:19 AM   #7
Radek
Red Dragon

1. There is one "sure" Daedric Dai Katana in the game, which you can gain at level 5 or so Simply go and take it. Really!
2. Better than Daedric Dai Katana is Daedric 2H Axe. IIRC there is one "sure" Daedric 2H Axe in the game (Ibar Dad, but I am not completely sure) but this dungeon isn't for low level characters.
Old 03-04-2004, 01:54 PM   #8
Cienden
Manshoon

Aren't there at least 2 Daedric Dia Katanas? I know one of the Redoran nobles has one, and I remember reading somewhere about a corpse that has one in some out of the way cave or mine.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:40 PM   #9
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
Please tell me, are there any better weapons than this? And is there any dark, black or otherwise fitting medium armor to go with this?
Weapon; Dadric battle Axe 90lbs, Damage 20 more than D-DK. Less value, and less condition.

Armor; Yes, but it takes a mod. I had it a year or so ago. Giants or something, whatever, has vampires in it. They wear a solid black leather (light) armor. I only remember it suited my personal thought and critter at the time. Want to say I took off that super cuiras, and glass armor for it.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 03:10 AM   #10
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Cienden:
Aren't there at least 2 Daedric Dia Katanas? I know one of the Redoran nobles has one, and I remember reading somewhere about a corpse that has one in some out of the way cave or mine.
I just look at the TES : Editor. There are 7 Daedric Dai Katana in the game.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote