Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2004, 05:32 AM   #1
sagtattman
Dungeon Master

is there any way of getting shells besides the crabs i have killed enough crabs to feed the starving in africa for the next 10 years. and i still only have one shell i have tried stealing before i kill them but to no avail can anyone help ?????? thanks sagtattman
sagtattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 05:37 AM   #2
eternal mat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well in the skull castle I got a few...but my brother said that theres a fair few crabs in the collasiam.... bangleau, Wyv or bsftcs would know
Old 02-04-2004, 05:38 AM   #3
Marikai
Dungeon Master

Buy some from that guy above the docks. He even has masks. I still got mine cause it has +12 AC (God bless bless)

~Marikai
[img]\"http://members.lycos.co.uk/arkana/phpBB2/images/avatars/178988289141833a89f34ac.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />Why am I trying to give, <br />when no one gives me a try, <br />Why am I dying to live, <br />if I\'m just living to die?
Marikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 05:41 AM   #4
eternal mat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

...has anyone found them to be very effective?

marikai, what blessing is best?.. im confused with the enchanting and blessing stuff [img]tongue.gif[/img]

can anyone else see my picture??? its a lil' skater

[ 02-04-2004, 05:46 AM: Message edited by: eternal mat ]
Old 02-04-2004, 07:44 AM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

If you have not installed the patch your best bet would be the link I gave you in the previous topic you started on this matter. As stated there it is also possible for you to complete collasium without any breathers at all although it will take some reloading.
Old 02-04-2004, 05:08 PM   #6
sagtattman
Dungeon Master

ok thanks a lot ill keep on trying. the bloke at the docks doesnt have anything for me to buy at all his shop is empty. thanks again sagtattman
sagtattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:15 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

He starts out with some inventory, and every time you sell him three shells, he converts those into some number of breathers and underwater helmets. No shells, no equipment.

So get out there and steal from a crab... or something [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 10:04 AM   #8
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Buckly the shopkeeper will only purchase the shells in groups of three. You have to give him at least three shells at a time before he will accept them.
Old 02-05-2004, 11:44 AM   #9
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by eternal mat:
what blessing is best?
Well, I think that the fiend bless (Hmm..well i think fiend bless adds AC I'm not sure...it might be stone someone correct me if I'm wrong) is the best.

The difference between blessing and enchanting is that blessing is done in the temple and enchanting is in the mage shop...The other difference is that blessing can add to the base damage, give you more AC, etc... Enchanting can allow you to add spells to your weapons (I don't think anyone has found a use for that tho..)

I'm not sure about which one can give you more resistance to certain elements...
Old 02-05-2004, 11:48 AM   #10
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Enchanting also lets you add protection to items. That's definitely useful -- that's how Missy survived calling a firestorm down on Scanthril while standing nose to nose with him. Three or four items of protection from fire +4, and you're in really good shape [img]smile.gif[/img]

I agree with So So, though -- I've never found a use for the spell enchantments. A naturally-cast spell is usually more powerful.

Somewhere in BEst Tips is a listing of what artifact spells give you what blessings and enchantments. I think Stone is armor.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote