Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-19-2000, 10:13 PM   #1
G. Andulain

Problem - every time I level up a character I only get 1 - 3 hit points. My Character is a conjurer with 18 constitution. I should get 1 - 6 points per level. No matter how many times I reload the game I get the same number. Even my Fighter NPCs get very little on the hit points. In BG1 I could often reload and get max hp. Anyone else have this problem? Any Solutions? I'm worried my characters will be too weak later on in the game. Any Help is appreciated.

Old 12-19-2000, 10:18 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

What difficulty level are you playing at? And what is the level of your character or the rest of your party members?
Old 12-19-2000, 10:24 PM   #3
G. Andulain

I believe I'm Playing the regular Difficulty level

Old 12-19-2000, 10:30 PM   #4
Saithana

After about 10th level you stop getting hit dice and get a fixed number of points each level. The tables in the back of the manual state this by saying "+2" instead of "1d8". IIRC when you reach this level your Con bonus is no longer applied.

Cheers
Craig

Old 12-19-2000, 10:32 PM   #5
mack attack

I ve experienced the same thing with my game. Some charcters are only getting one hit point some one said at a certainn level you reach and depending what class you are you only get one hit point. Which sucks fighting all those nasties. What you can do and probaly do it is save the game just before you level and keep re-loading until you can tell if it is a bad roll of the dice or you are a high level charcter and only receive a few hit points. Hope this helps.

Old 12-19-2000, 10:38 PM   #6
G. Andulain

Thanks - I Didn't understand the chart - It all makes sense now.