Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-25-2001, 03:14 AM   #1
Starkiller
The Magister

First question: what exactly does pressing ctrl-i with debug mode=1 in your Baldur.ini file do? It provokes dialougue well, but mainly from certain people, and it takes pressing it a few times, and it says weird lines of stuff in the message window which kind of worries me. What is it doing to the game? It won't screw up the scripting or anything, will it?

Second question: I would like to know if this happened to anyone else. I was traveling from the slums to the ruined temple, and I was waylayed by enemies, something that doesn't happen that much. SO I was ready for a battle, but it turns out that there are these neutral travelers or something. They start talking to me, and ask if I am the famous Ken (my main character's name) they have heard so much about. I answer yes, and they say someone wants to see me, so they have to capture me. Then it gets weird. They procede to turn friendly, each one of them turns into one of my party members, (there are 6 of them), then after a few seconds they turn hostile. One of them is injured for some reason, and no more dialougue, when I kill them they have crappy items too, and give little xp. Does anyone know what this is about?, is it the beginning of a quest? Who wanted them to find me? I would be interested to know if anyone else has encountered this, as this is my second time through the game, and I never encountered them the first time, and I was not rushing through the game. Thanks.
Old 08-25-2001, 03:35 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I posted a screenshot of the Doppelganders quite some time ago.

Here's a link.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 08-25-2001, 03:59 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller:
First question: what exactly does pressing ctrl-i with debug mode=1 in your Baldur.ini file do? It provokes dialougue well, but mainly from certain people, and it takes pressing it a few times, and it says weird lines of stuff in the message window which kind of worries me. What is it doing to the game? It won't screw up the scripting or anything, will it?
No, it cycles through the scripting to force dialogue. Sometimes the scripting doesn't work so well, especially if you're going through the game fairly quickly, the dialogue can lag, particularly in the Underdark.

Don't worry about the messages in the message window, they just refer to invalid dialogues that it goes through.

------------------
Old 08-25-2001, 04:51 PM   #4
Crusader
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Does ctrl-i speed up romances too? or does anyone know of a patch or something that can do this.

------------------
Butt Kicking for Goodness!
Old 08-25-2001, 05:20 PM   #5
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
To speed up your romance just use CLUAConsole to type SetGlobal("JaheiraRomance","Global",1) (or whoever you have a romance with).