Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2001, 10:38 PM   #11
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by slackerboy:
my tv stays on TLC , discovery, History, or TechTV

Well... isn't that special! j/k (Church lady on SNL)

BTW, Discovery Channnel on the 27th and 28th, the Egypt special is on!! I love watching those channels too.. the Mammoth specials were great too!

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

[This message has been edited by Ziroc (edited 05-23-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Ziroc (edited 05-23-2001).]

Old 05-23-2001, 11:02 PM   #12
Gargoyle
Manshoon

Damn..I can't believe Voyager is ending, I like Voyager, in australia we get it on a Wednesday night from 12pm till 1am, bloody stupid time to have it but a' well. Farewell Neelix, Seven, Chakotay; Goodbye Tom, Harry B'Elanna, Farewell Captain Janeway, I will miss you all !

------------------

Time is only relevant if you have none !
Old 05-23-2001, 11:10 PM   #13
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Well...I'm sure it will be in rerun syndication for many seasons yet to come.

Old 05-23-2001, 11:18 PM   #14
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

No spoilers...but BLECH YUK PTOOEY... talk about overdone themes! ugh...yuk , eewwwwwww and bad bad bad acting...maudlin scenes with Janeway and various characters...

Ok, no more...can't spoil anyone. I must say I think it ended the way it ran...choppy and mixed quality.

And Z? I'm wondering seriously now about the new series. I think you may be right!

CloudCritic

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 05-24-2001, 04:35 AM   #15
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
No spoilers...but BLECH YUK PTOOEY... talk about overdone themes! ugh...yuk , eewwwwwww and bad bad bad acting...maudlin scenes with Janeway and various characters...

Ok, no more...can't spoil anyone. I must say I think it ended the way it ran...choppy and mixed quality.

And Z? I'm wondering seriously now about the new series. I think you may be right!

CloudCritic

You would think that they would have more 'coverage of the end' than they did.. It should have been a 3 hour show...

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 05-24-2001, 09:15 AM   #16
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

My big plans to watch the finale were a bust.

About 10 minutes into the show, my daughter fell and hit her head. During that time my son decided to ask Mom a question. I quit watching to go help the situation.

A few minutes later I got back to watching when my daughter came upstairs to see me (I was hiding out in my room). She was in a bit of a better humor and wanted me to come downstairs. My wife did too. So I went downstairs to watch.

When I finally got myself situated in front of the TV, my daughter decided she wanted to read books. My wife was kind enough to read the book for her, but I couldn't make out two words of the dialogue. By this time my wife was angry because we're moving in two days and I was sitting around watching TV. So I shut off the show and washed dishes for 15 minutes.

Then it was bed time for the kids. By the time the bed time routine was over, I had time to sit down and watch the final half hour.

I missed a lot of the sub plot development, but from what I saw (not enough to make an informed commentary) the ending was too short -- maybe it was just me wishing that the show was longer so that I would have gotten a chance to see more of it.

------------------

Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.
Old 05-24-2001, 09:37 AM   #17
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Father Bronze:
My big plans to watch the finale were a bust.

About 10 minutes into the show, my daughter fell and hit her head. During that time my son decided to ask Mom a question. I quit watching to go help the situation.

A few minutes later I got back to watching when my daughter came upstairs to see me (I was hiding out in my room). She was in a bit of a better humor and wanted me to come downstairs. My wife did too. So I went downstairs to watch.

When I finally got myself situated in front of the TV, my daughter decided she wanted to read books. My wife was kind enough to read the book for her, but I couldn't make out two words of the dialogue. By this time my wife was angry because we're moving in two days and I was sitting around watching TV. So I shut off the show and washed dishes for 15 minutes.

Then it was bed time for the kids. By the time the bed time routine was over, I had time to sit down and watch the final half hour.

I missed a lot of the sub plot development, but from what I saw (not enough to make an informed commentary) the ending was too short -- maybe it was just me wishing that the show was longer so that I would have gotten a chance to see more of it.
LOL FB! Ah yes...the married w/children life! And women wonder why/how we (men) develop "filters". You have to in order to even get the gist of what's going on in your favorite TV shows.

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-24-2001, 01:22 PM   #18
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
You would think that they would have more 'coverage of the end' than they did.. It should have been a 3 hour show...

Yes, it really did end abruptly. I got the feeling they were just trying to get it over with! Writers actors and the director...too bad, really.

Cloudy

------------------
Storm-Queen
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 05-24-2001, 01:27 PM   #19
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Father Bronze,

Um, I am NOT giggling behind my hand, really. Not laughing at all, er, well maybe just a tiny bit...um..a fair bit. OK OK I AM LAUGHING MYSELF SILLY! BWAHAHAHAHA....I just love little scenes of domestic bliss...

Really, your daughter just wanted her mom and dad time! That's sweet! Maybe my roomie taped it...I'll ask! Check your local listings. We get the show twice in one week on two channels.

Cloudy

------------------
Storm-Queen
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 05-24-2001, 01:32 PM   #20
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

What a great episode! One thing I don't understand: During the comercials they were showing the crew sitting around a table (I am assuming back on Earth) drinking champagne. It makes you think you get to enjoy the happy ending a bit. Then come to find out, it just ends. It is all the sudden over! I guess we just assume that they are all happy when they get back, and everything is peachy. I hope they make a movie like the next generation.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)