Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2000, 10:30 AM   #1
Ramon

Hello everyone !

I have got a problem with the Jaheira romance
script. The romance will not proceed, instead the same individual dialogue (the one about the "sleeping habits") keeps coming up again and again. I think the problem has been discussed before in a thread now seemingly lost in "the big crash part II". If I recall it correctly on that thread it was Armisael who suggested that this was a real bug and that it could be fixed by incrementing a global variable called "lovetalk" (or something like that) by 2 using Shadowkeeper. Unfortunately, up to now I have not been able to find such a variable. The only variables (with a connection to the romance script) I could find were the two called Jaheiraromance (value well above 10 million) and Jaheiraromanceactive (value 1 which just means "on" if I am not mistaken).

I think that the romances are easily the best part of the game, so any form of "counseling"
that could help us overcome our little communication
problem (I know, it is a classic: men are from Mars, women are from Venus, even the ones with pointed ears or so it seems ...) would be very welcome. And hey, my level of desperation has made me far less discriminating, thus I might even listen to someone not holding a degree in psychology !

Happy new year to all !

Ramon

Old 12-31-2000, 10:41 AM   #2
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Same topic keeps coming up? No no, sounds usual to me. Just a normal relationship. You're just not listening Ramon, otherwise she wouldn't keep 'HARPING' on about it.
Old 12-31-2000, 10:41 PM   #3
Armisael

Ah, Yorick, always speaking in riddles...

Old 01-01-2001, 04:45 PM   #4
Ramon

Hi Yorick,

are you just "playing along" or actually trying to tell me something ? If the latter is the case
I am unfortunately not getting it.
And if "Harping" should be an allusion to any of Jaheira's countless Harper subquests that must be completed for the romance to be able to continue, I am afraid I have already completed them all. I am right in the midst of chapter seven right now - my appointment with the black dragon is up next - and worried that I might be running out of time for the romance to conclude before I finish the game. Which would be a shame as I have already bought the tickets for the honeymoon cruise to Kara Tur (or however that is spelt) at that newly established travel agency left of the Adventurer's Mart in Waukeen's Promenade. And as we all know Athkatla is not only one of the richest but one of the most expensive cities in all of the Realms you can imagine how much they charged me for those tickets ! The service is quite good, though, and the travel agent who attended me is a very attractive lady. So if things with Jaheira really do not work out in the end, I should consider going back there ...

Boy, I sure hope druid training does not include modern communications technology yet, otherwise I might be in big trouble ! I could be wiser not to survive my encounter with that dragon after all ...

Anyway, any suggestions to solve my problem are still very welcome.

So long !

Ramon - the man still madly in love with the broken record, oops, I mean Jaheira, of course.