Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 03-27-2002, 10:37 PM   #1
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I don't know if this question has been asked before but I couldn't find anything resemble a search function in this board.

I have tried over 20 times to get past Nessie ( I entered Bayjin Shallows thru Mt. Gigas Water Caves ) but she always spotted me and kill me immediately in combat. most of my characters are in lv 13.

any help please??

ps. If I dismissed RFS-1 , where can I rehire him??

arigatou [img]smile.gif[/img]
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 11:02 PM   #2
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Don't know about getting past nessie as i'm not there yeat but you can get RFS-81 where you left him i believe. By the way the search function should be back shortly when the new server is installed now that we have it, it was taking up to much system resources.

[ 03-27-2002, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: Blade ]
Old 03-27-2002, 11:21 PM   #3
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Little Nessie is my favorite critter. You are borderline able to dispatch her at lev 13 if you have Summon Elemental spells or potions. There are other techniques, you may have to look back a few (or more) hint pages. I fought her 4 times in 2 games and won 2 outa 4. Also look for notes on Davy Jones locker and Excalibur (and light sword). There's good fishin' in those parts!
Old 03-28-2002, 01:34 AM   #4
dale
Manshoon

There is a claim that you can run pass Nessie if you immediately head to the west for an updraft. On my first time through the game, I never tried that though. I was at a higher level and had three summon elemental casters available. I'd cast at least two of them, then run off to the side where they were not blocking my view of Nessie and pound her with ranged weapons while she focused on the nearby elementals.

Although I tried often, I was never able to sneak past her on the eastern side (heading for Davy Jones locker).
Old 03-28-2002, 01:46 AM   #5
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Welcome to the board Kakero!!!
Well i also where down with little cute Nessie at level 13-14 and use all protective spells you have first BEFORE you enter the area Nessie are then you can hide behind the rocks when she se you then cast "Elemental shield spell and Sould shield spell then run as a rocket to where you will go, maby some of your characters die but they can be resurccted! :cool:

[ 03-28-2002, 01:48 AM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 01:59 AM   #6
ASW
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Agree that the elementals are helpful.
I went in with two canned elementals and popped them off right away. Also had granite potions, guardian angel, etc. Once all buffed, we manouvered around the elementals and got right next to nessie and started whacking away. It takes a while but she goes down.

I gave everyone resurection powder just in case, and had my bard playing the dulcimer of mending about every round. That kept us all in good spirits as we hacked away on the auld girl.

ASW
ASW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 02:31 AM   #7
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I killed her when my group of seven was at level 12-13. It was a tough fight, we had to do it over a couple of times because my element shield kept fizzling, but we managed it with no casualties in the end. We didn't have any elementals, but we did have a potion of superman and the ring of the road. They helped A LOT. She's pretty tough to hit if you're low level and aren't buffed up with supermanliness.
Old 03-28-2002, 04:32 AM   #8
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Okay I manage to get past Nessie with 6 out of 7 of my characters getting killed. she is soooooo tough, My characters couldn't even bring a single damage against her.

Hmmm..where is this Davy Jones locker by the way?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 06:32 AM   #9
jerryj
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hello kakero. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I must wonder from yr last post that maybe yr team is not quite up to strenght for this adventure sir.

I would suggest yu back of from here for now and pick on area's yu may have not fully explored before.

or..if yu feel yu are up to it?..get into Bayjin and kick arse sir,as it will take many hours of save-game's to get thru those nasty spell casting throw back's from doctor who!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Gl sir.

jerry
jerryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 07:30 AM   #10
Gothmog Lord of the Balrogs
Dungeon Master

"Easy" way to beat Nessie:
1. Element shield
2. Soul Shield
3. Bless
4. Armour melt
5. Heavy Melee damage
6. Pray that she doesn't cast earthquake before your full power element shield is up.

A good idea will be to sneak to your right when you come from mnt gigas, and hide behind the rocks and get as close as possible before engaging in combat. I have only tried her with one company and we were level 13-14 I think. Beat her 9 out of 10 times, but "allways" lost a chr or two, esp. my bishops were often lost, but that's what resurection powder is for. =) Good luck go make some sushi