Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-04-2004, 08:51 AM   #11
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Usually I don't do it.

But if I have the urgent feeling to eat something special in a restaurant, ( like chinese food ) I go. Why not ? That often happens, when I walk through town, shopping and the like. After such a day I like to recover in a calm atmosphere with good eating and drinking.

Can't say something about a special feeling. I do that as long as I can remember , so it's normal to me.

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2004, 09:43 AM   #12
wellard
Dracolisk

Its all about how comfortable you feel with yourself I guess.

Ive done it myself several times in europe, many years ago, traveling alone by motorbike (nigel no friends LOL) or working as a contracter in the Netherlands with friends and family still back in Britain. You just have to do it if you want decent food instead of takeaways. I ask for a window seat and watch the world go buy or busy myself with thoughts of where i've been and where I will travel next.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 05-04-2004, 10:23 AM   #13
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I can't see myself do something like that. I mean i like eating in restaurants, but if there isn't anyone to socialize with, i might just as well stay home and cook something myself. The food isn't always the main reason why people go to fancy restaurants.
Old 05-04-2004, 12:22 PM   #14
Tyrion
Quintesson

No, I would never, just because I would feel very alone. Can be lonely just eating lunch alone!
Old 05-04-2004, 03:05 PM   #15
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

I like the experience...

You get to study other people around you, and it also gives me this feeling that I am the center of the universe because I am surrounded by the buzzing noises and such... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Of course at times like these also manifests the desire to have someone you like to sit in front of you and speak her mind (since I have been hanging out with my guy friends lately) [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2004, 03:29 PM   #16
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Nope, can't say I've ever dined alone, but then again I can probably count the number of times I've been to a restaurant on my fingers and toes. I don't do restaurants unless it's a favour to someone like I'm taking them out for their birthday or it's a wedding reception or something. If I was staying in a hotel in an unfamiliar place, I'd probably have packed food with me and then go to the baker's in the morning unless I get breakfast included. Like I said, I don't really do restaurants Waste of money.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 05-04-2004, 05:28 PM   #17
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I do it all the time. As a sales guy and consultant, I get to go to lots of exotic places during the day, and be dumped by the side of the road at night. I don't even think of it any more... sometimes I eat nicely, and sometimes I eat cheaply. I try to bring something with me (newspaper, materials to review, etc.).

The lack of conversation is often a downside, but depending on who you're with, it could be a plus [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 05-04-2004, 07:53 PM   #18
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

I have an awkward schedule, so I'm often on my own as far as food goes. I prefer to just pick up a sandwich on my way home if that's the case - I wont sit down anywhere.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:10 PM   #19
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Hey you Aledrain you bitin' my stilo, fool! I'm the one who puts rap quotes in his sig! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 05-04-2004, 09:12 PM   #20
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

I warned you I was gonna pick up Kamikaze the other day... and holy crap I'm a fan.