Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 03-22-2002, 12:54 PM   #1
swavek
The Magister

is that even possible? you get more healing potions in this game than you know what to do with. so i was thinking of ditching the priest in next party.
Old 03-22-2002, 01:21 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Some things can be used by one character on another during a fight, such as smelling salts to wake someone up. However, I don't think you can use healing potions on someone else. Then again, I never tried that myself; I relied on spells to heal during a fight when necessary.

If you're not happy with the priest class, next time, try a bishop. Slower to develop, but overall much more potent.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 03:51 PM   #3
vesselle
Hathor

a valkyrie is good too, but you have to plan her out and take great care in developing her. she has priest spells plus all that muscle power, too. niiiiice!

so far, i have found:
~ powders (non combat type, of course)
~ mana stones for restoring MP
~ amulets for rez and healing

scrolls will work too. nice for those things that you take for granted, like ID, rez, remove curse, etc.

to use them, you must keep all of them in your teammie's personal inventory, or else you will have to "equip" during battle and lose turns.

i keep these on each person:
~ Mana Stones (use on everyone)
~ Magick Nectar (personal)
~ Renewal (personal)
~ Restoration (personal)
~ Pick Me Up (personal)
~ various powders and scrolls (use on everyone)

Remember that mana stones and amulets have charges and when you get down to 1, sell them to a shopkeep and buy them right back, fully charged.

anyone else? what are we missing here?

V***V

[ 03-22-2002, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: vesselle ]
Old 03-23-2002, 03:40 PM   #4
The Kiwi
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by vesselle:

so far, i have found:
~ powders (non combat type, of course)
~ mana stones for restoring MP
~ amulets for rez and healing

~ Mana Stones (use on everyone)
~ Magick Nectar (personal)
~ Renewal (personal)
~ Restoration (personal)
~ Pick Me Up (personal)
~ various powders and scrolls (use on everyone)

Remember that mana stones and amulets have charges and when you get down to 1, sell them to a shopkeep and buy them right back, fully charged.

This is gonna sound unsophisticated, since if I can ASK it here, why couldn't I have loaded the game and tried a few things with it? Well, the game is on a desktop, not on this laptop I'm using today. And the desktop is all apart right now while I do some things to its insides. With that much out of the way, my party found a couple of Mana Stones or took them off some corpse somewhere. The name sounded good, but I'm not sure I got around to right-clicking on either one.

And it's been something like 9-10 years since I played Wiz-7, so if there were such Mana Stones in it, I've forgotten.

I don't recall seeing any number on either one for how many charges they have. Give me a little run-down on getting one to work. If it's in the manual anywhere, I didn't see it!

Kiwi, the Real One

The Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 03:55 PM   #5
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Mana stones are used like anything else; you click on the "use" symbol and then the stone. They should have some charges when you find them. I don't recall finding any stones without a charge.

Some other people have posted that, if you sell an almost-used-up stone to a merchant, then buy it back, it will be fully charged again. Never tried it myself, though.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 07:26 PM   #6
vesselle
Hathor

if you are in battle and want to use a Mana Stone, like amulets and etc, do this:

on the person's turn:
~~ click their little "use" icon that pops out of their portrait
~~ a list of personal items usable during battle will be highlighted and you will see "mana stone" as one of them.
~~ click the mana stone
~~ your cursor changes to a ?
~~ then you click on yourself or anyone in your party who needs to use the mana recharge

OK.
i beleive mana stones were in Wiz7, because many players reported being able to bring them over when they imported their parties into W8.

2nd OK.
i have personally recharge MANY items with charges by taking it down to 1 charge and in some cases, down to ZERO charges. the shopkeep buys them and recharges them. you buy them back from him. simple?!

3rd OK.
you can see the charges available easily. know how when you stack 5 pots of Heavy Heal there's a little WHITE number in the lower corner? same with the mana stone or anything with charges, except the number is BLUE.

also, if you have the right stats, you can sell an item, and buy it back for the same price so its no out of pocket money to recharge anything. if you are low level, then you may spend as much as $100 to do it.

::shrugs:: not too shabby?

hope this helps!

V***V