Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2001, 02:31 PM   #1
Anthem
Dungeon Master

I need some pointers on defeating Tolgerias and his group in the Planar Sphere. And can I leave the sphere to restock and appease Nalia who wants to go to her fathers funeral, and still return to fight the Demon?

Thanks for all input.
Old 10-17-2001, 02:39 PM   #2
Vampire

Use static area of effect spells like cloudkill.
Cast breach and use true sight
Old 10-17-2001, 02:41 PM   #3
Anthem
Dungeon Master

Thanks. he seems to emit a cloud that kills one of my party straight off. Any way to avoid this?
Old 10-17-2001, 03:18 PM   #4
daeomer
Manshoon

Tolgerias is a pretty tough cookie since he casts 'Horrid Wilting' on the party which hurts big time. If you have Jaheira in the party let her lead and fire off an insect swarm at him, and then run away from the door. She'll get hit with the wilting spell but should survive. The insects will attack both mages. Then you can move your fighters in to pound them no prob. Hope this helps. (although you may have to fire off a Breach spell at Tolgerias to get past his protection spells!).
Old 10-17-2001, 07:08 PM   #5
Thrawn
The Magister

They key to most battle is insect swarm it roxor! insect plague is well, imho its wrost cause it don't last as long but same damage but imho the swarm is better, anyway every time i fight a mage i always have a druid fire off an insect swarm ASAP!!!!!! and when the druid gets it off that's 99% of the time, END of the fight with mages, theyre utterly disabled.
Old 10-17-2001, 07:11 PM   #6
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Open door, retreat from door, make a character invisible, preferably a thief, sneak thief into room to see where enemies are, have mages launch area effect spells into room through door, then send fighters first through the door, have the thief backstab a foe, and then it's just a normal battle from that point.
Old 10-18-2001, 04:30 AM   #7
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

well, tolgerias is blue which means he wants to talk to you, but the other mage is hostile so i always have my thief (with boots of speed) backstab her first which is half the enemy dead straight away. tolgerias dialogs with the thief who runs away to hide again. tolgerias will fire up his defenses but by the time they're up he won't see anyone to attack. have your cleric go through the standard pre-battle routine (prot from evil 10', chant, bless, defensive harmony) while someone else summons some fodder. now spot him with your thief (non-detection cloak is always on my thief) and send in the fodder. he doesnt use spell trap so have your mage use breach. backstab him and send in everyone else. insect plague is the best anti-mage spell if you have it.
Old 10-18-2001, 07:25 AM   #8
Tilien
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Backstab is definately the way to go. And that's a general rule. Whenever you can, open up a fight with a backstab on a caster you're facing. Best way to get them out of the fight quickly

------------------
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein