Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-08-2004, 08:24 AM   #1
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Howdy guys. I'm just wondering if anyone here has any experience with repairing/resurfacing scratched CDs.
Alot of my favourite old music CDs are really getting worse for wear. They've gotten a fair few knicks and scratches over the years and starting to skip pretty bad. So any recommendations on what I might do to remedy this (besides buying new copies)?
Cheers.
Old 05-08-2004, 08:40 AM   #2
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

I haven't had much experience with such, but the CD-rom drives of puters seem to be a tad better at reading scratched CDs than ordinary players. One of my CDs was scratched so bad that most of the tracks were impossible to listen to, but when I ripped mp3s off it they were all fine. So... you might wanna try'n burn backups of bad CDs.

[ 05-08-2004, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: Gnarf ]
Old 05-08-2004, 11:32 AM   #3
Chewbacca
Zartan

Skip Doctor is the product I use. It also goes by the name Game Doctor and DVD Doctor but they are all the exact same product with a different name.

Link

I have used both the model I linked to as well as the mechanized version (skipdoctor MD). It works great!