Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-10-2003, 11:04 AM   #61
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Whoa, the local supermarket here has gone nuts. They're selling trays of Bavaria beer for 6 Euro. I couldn't believe my eyes. I got 10 of em. That's 240 cans of beer.

Cold one anyone ?
So you only got enough for tonight then

G'day johnny what are you up too? apart from the obvious ;p
[/QUOTE]Nothing much, i'm still enjoying a vacation. I just got all that beer, because it was a special offer. As of this saturday i have to pay full price again. Just think of it as an investment for a "nice weekend".
Old 07-10-2003, 11:42 AM   #62
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Question Mark

revruby here

wow i wrote a reply but nathans keyboard is soooo messed up its not working right at all and it did not submit so i try again

basic gist of my defense its not just a half hour he will have on the comp if he gets on to play it will be til past bedtime he will ignore me and our adorable but clingy and tiresome child whom i have all day while he is at work and somehow i am supposed to stay sane he stays late at work to avoid me and play his stupid mud that sounds like his time on the comp right there to me

either way i dont want advice i get plenty but to let yalls know he does not care that i destroyed my engagement ring or that if i leave i am truly gone his words were "then i guess ill see you around" he does not want advice he wants support he wamts other ppl to point at me and tell me i am unreasonable
Old 07-10-2003, 01:54 PM   #63
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Now, now, you two. This sounds like one of those "He spends too much time on the PC" arguments. Galadria and I used to have them when I first discovered BG, and Will was small. The solution we worked out was that, certain times of day, I was to be free to play on the PC, and that we would Multiplay at least three times a week with a babysitter for Will, but that other times, I was to help with Will and give her time to herself. I will point out that, now that Will is almost 5, we never have it any more. Morgie, just remember that she wants to spend time with you. It is quite possible for a woman to get jealous of a computer.
Old 07-10-2003, 02:25 PM   #64
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I second Attalus's post. I also point out that in every relationship, the people need quiet time alone away from each other. We all do. But, Morgie you should help with los ninos in such a way that Rev could get HER quiet time alone and away as well.

This is an issue with me and my wife. I rarely go to bed when she does. She needs 7-8 hrs. I need 4-5 hrs. -- it's that simple. But, at least a couple of nights a week I get the "it is TIME TO CUDDLE" look from her -- so I catch up on my sleep. :shrug:

Morgie you mention your "obsession" with RPGs. Not good. If it continues, this problem you're having now will always haunt you -- be it with RevRuby or someone else. Most of us don't want to spend our lives alone, so we realize this and acclimate accordingly. If you are really spending lots of time separated, and fighting about it, you might consider this. Should one ever let fantasy jeapordize reality?? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

I recently had a problem w/ RPG cutting into my time. 1 day every week was D&D day, and we had found a local gaming group. Because I didn't like the group terribly, and because it was stressing my weekend time, at one gaming session I got drunk, basically told the DM he couldn't DM for s**t, and ran them the hell off. They haven't contacted me since. Of course, my solutions are not everyones. Hmmm... I went offtopic. Sorry.
Old 07-11-2003, 05:05 AM   #65
wellard
Dracolisk

What a waste of a day, off work for a long weekend with the kids on holiday and what have I done? Nothing just nurse a bloody big hangover all day

Care to share a coffee anyone? [img]graemlins/goodmorning.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 07-11-2003, 05:08 AM   #66
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Yes me...

So...

Cheers Wellard!
Old 07-11-2003, 09:57 AM   #67
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Cheer up, Wellard, and have a Bloody Mary. Then, switch to Scotch.
B is for Beer, It makes you act lewd
And stupid and loud. It's a ruinous fluid.
For people with taste, for people who think,
Beer is not nice, it's a bad thing to drink.
The consumption of beer is low-class and risky.
Stick to gin, vodka, vermouth and whisky.
- P.J. O'Rourke, edited by Attalus.
Old 07-11-2003, 10:31 AM   #68
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Morg and Rev, I hope you two can talk and work this out. Make some guidelines or talk with a counselor. Seems your main issue is spending time together and alone. You need both. Even married couples need time to themselves as individuals too!

Argh, Oasis is down- usually doesn't last more than a few minutes...so I guess I have to go work.. lots of filiing!
Old 07-11-2003, 10:35 AM   #69
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
That has to be the worst poem i've ever heard. And full of lies too.
Old 07-11-2003, 11:14 AM   #70
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
That has to be the worst poem i've ever heard. And full of lies too. [/QUOTE]Everybody that drinks scotch starts thinking they are Robert Burns.