Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2002, 01:35 AM   #21
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Slizerio:
Uh.. would my nerd post be considered insulting? Here it is http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=012529;p =1
Sorry if i offended anybody...
I looked at the first post of your thread, and I don't see that as insulting. I would be the first to agree I am a nerd.
Old 11-24-2002, 02:42 AM   #22
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I just wanted to add something here...

PLEASE (to new users and old) don't feel like you have to 'walk on eggshells' when posting.. i.e. don't be afraid of us. We are here to help you!! [img]smile.gif[/img] As long as you read the rules, and follow them, you have nothing at all to worry about. 99.9% of the rules are just common sense and courtesy..

So enjoy yourself! Sit back, relax and enjoy Ironworks! That's what we're here for [img]smile.gif[/img] .

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 11-24-2002, 04:57 AM   #23
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Question Mark

What exactly has been going on here?

I think I've got most of the story, but what I have never understood is why rebellious people don't have respect for people who uphold rules that need to be upheld.

It's like this at school as well.

Also, if you would rather not answer my first question moderators, don't. I don't want to ask for repeat of an explation that you have given somewhere else.
Old 11-24-2002, 05:20 AM   #24
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

I am absolutely amazed to the way things are run in here. Ziroc is doing a great job webmaster-wise, but there is one thing that is close to a justice murder.

Neb was banned simply because he disagreed with mods. The problem here is that you CANNOT disagree with mods without having to be feared that your account gets deleted, even if you do it politely and havenīt hurt anyoneīs feelings. We are all equal, people. Everyone has right to disagree with anyone, and show it with good manner, too.

Luvian and Ronn_Bman (sp?): "If you donīt like it, leave" Of course no one wants to leave Ironworks if they donīt have to. Thatīs human nature. If we see that something is wrong with the acts of moderators or rules, we try to correct them (politely), of course. And when Neb tried to do this, he was banned. You call that justice?

And the #1 point. I most politely ask: please remove the "foolish follower" or whatever reads next to Nebīs name, you are DEGRADING the person by doing so. You are showing that you donīt have any respect to a long time member, and yet wonder why he didnīt respect you. Lets not make fun of anyone, okay?

Same thing with the other member whose account you banned (Lord something?) Please remove that too. Although in his case, the banning was absolutely justified for what he did to a mod.

Respect is earned. If modīs do their job like they should, I keep on giving applauds. They are polices, true, and personally I wouldnīt even consider putting anyone down here in the forums. Like someone said, itīs really recommended that moderators would even sometimes SHOW practical examples of what you cannot do here.

I wonder if I get my account deleted for expressing my opinions. *sighs*

Thanks for reading.

[ 11-24-2002, 05:22 AM: Message edited by: NiceWorg ]
Old 11-24-2002, 05:33 AM   #25
Slizerio

Let me see here... you all are tring to say that the mods are turning IW into a police state??!! (Wouldn't suprise me!?) [img]graemlins/egypt.gif[/img]

Old 11-24-2002, 05:43 AM   #26
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by NiceWorg:

Neb was banned simply because he disagreed with mods. The problem here is that you CANNOT disagree with mods without having to be feared that your account gets deleted, even if you do it politely and havenīt hurt anyoneīs feelings. We are all equal, people. Everyone has right to disagree with anyone, and show it with good manner, too.

Neb was banned? I thought that was his new avatar, how did it happen?
Old 11-24-2002, 05:49 AM   #27
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

Which avatar are you referring to?

Neb was a long time member of this board, itīs sad that heīs not here anymore, and that heīs made fun of. I donīt understand the reasons why he was banned, maybe they refer to some thread I didnīt manage to find.
Old 11-24-2002, 05:50 AM   #28
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
I am absolutely amazed to the way things are run in here. Ziroc is doing a great job webmaster-wise, but there is one thing that is close to a justice murder.

Luvian and Ronn_Bman (sp?): "If you donīt like it, leave" Of course no one wants to leave Ironworks if they donīt have to. Thatīs human nature. If we see that something is wrong with the acts of moderators or rules, we try to correct them (politely), of course. And when Neb tried to do this, he was banned. You call that justice?
Neb wasn`t banned for disagreeing with the mods. He was banned for publically questioning moderator decisions; which translates to trying to make the mods look bad.
We have a right to question the mod's decisions, but PM or email is a far better way to do it than a public thread.
All of the rules here exist for a reason, most of them being common sense.

Try putting yourself in Ziroc's shoes. You run a large forum and someone publically questions your authority, what are you going to do ?? Probably you wouldn`t let that slip, especially not if it was as direct as "I have a problem with the way you run your own site".
Old 11-24-2002, 05:54 AM   #29
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Which avatar are you referring to?

Neb was a long time member of this board, itīs sad that heīs not here anymore, and that heīs made fun of. I donīt understand the reasons why he was banned, maybe they refer to some thread I didnīt manage to find.
The avatar below his username. It says BANNED in a humorous bold red text.

And I do know who Neb is btw [img]tongue.gif[/img]

HADB loses another member.
Old 11-24-2002, 05:56 AM   #30
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
quote:

Neb wasn`t banned for disagreeing with the mods. He was banned for publically questioning moderator decisions; which translates to trying to make the mods look bad.
We have a right to question the mod's decisions, but PM or email is a far better way to do it than a public thread.
All of the rules here exist for a reason, most of them being common sense.

Try putting yourself in Ziroc's shoes. You run a large forum and someone publically questions your authority, what are you going to do ?? Probably you wouldn`t let that slip, especially not if it was as direct as "I have a problem with the way you run your own site".
[/QUOTE]True Lennon, very true. Shame to see him go though.