Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2002, 07:35 AM   #31
Jorath Calar
Harper

Well I bet Radiohead and Smashing Pumpkins are not there so I won't bother to vote... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2002, 09:23 AM   #32
Luigi17
Elite Waterdeep Guard

TWO WORDS: THE WHO
Old 04-24-2002, 02:59 PM   #33
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

well, my favorite band isnt on there, thats everclear.
but of course that wasnt the question. you asked who the best band was, and of the 3 i can think of, none of them where on the list either, In my opinion, the 3 most talented bands(therefor the "best") would be The Dave Matthews Band, Live, and Tool
Old 04-24-2002, 04:21 PM   #34
the sauceman
Zhentarim Guard

I voted for POD because they're the closest thing to the band that i really love....

FIVE IRON FRENZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2002, 10:51 PM   #35
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Why isn't Atomic Kitten on the list?
Sorry, they were highly considered but just got bumped by Hanson
Old 04-24-2002, 11:32 PM   #36
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

No!! your all missing it. Without a doubt, the greatest band in the history of music is The Peaches
and hands down the greatest musical masterpiece of all time is their stirring song about a
Old 04-25-2002, 04:37 AM   #37
Katherine
Zhentarim Guard

You forgot to mention anything ood on that list! You could have mentioned coil or current 93 for starters.

I noticed there are a lot of people who like heavy metal on this board. I wonder why that is? It seems a disproportionate amount when compared to the general population. I also note that there are no people into gothic or industrial or other dark experimental stuff (at least of the ones who have posted).

Further, do you think [img]graemlins/bunny.gif[/img] bunnies can sing? Mine hisses when I move her bed.
Old 04-25-2002, 04:43 AM   #38
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Katherine:

I noticed there are a lot of people who like heavy metal on this board. I wonder why that is? It seems a disproportionate amount when compared to the general population. I also note that there are no people into gothic or industrial or other dark experimental stuff (at least of the ones who have posted).
LMAO! Maybe once upon a time it was a disproportionate amount - these days however, metal/goth/industrial is immensely popular - just turn on the radio/tv. A lot of the people that posted here I know have been listening to it for a long time, since their taste usually stems from the previous wave of metal, you know, Ozzy, Sabbath, Maiden, Venom and also Queensryche, Fates Warning, etc. But there's also a large new group that's been introduced to it recently. So it's just popular these days - just like a few years ago it shouldn't have been surprising if lots of people liked house or RnB, it shouldn't be surprising now that people listen to metal.
Old 04-25-2002, 05:00 AM   #39
Katherine
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
metal/goth/industrial is immensely popular -
Goth and industrial are not extremely popular. That's my genre of preference and it's not to be found on the airwaves in the US. There's all that pretend "alternative" out there, but that's just mass marketed mainstream fluff repackaged to appeal to the angst of today's youth.
Old 04-25-2002, 05:22 AM   #40
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Katherine:
quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
metal/goth/industrial is immensely popular -
Goth and industrial are not extremely popular. That's my genre of preference and it's not to be found on the airwaves in the US. There's all that pretend "alternative" out there, but that's just mass marketed mainstream fluff repackaged to appeal to the angst of today's youth.[/QUOTE]Well, the world's bigger than America, you know?
Goth is fast becoming popular in Europe, and since we have many members that are European, it stands to reason that there will be more people here that listen to that kind of music. I hear lots of goth on the radio here.
Anyway, the bands like Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, System of a Down, Papa Roach, Korn, Tool (and excuse the mixing of crappy bands with good ones), Incubus, Alien Ant Farm are all extremely popular as well, and most of them are definitely a sub-category of metal.