Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2001, 02:07 PM   #21
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Every state and I'm sure country has rednecks lol. They arent all bad, my best friend is one! But he is a nice guy. He calls me a yankee, I call him a redneck. Its all in fun!
Old 03-05-2001, 02:13 PM   #22
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

LoA: You're from North Carolina--how are you a Yankee?

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death
Old 03-05-2001, 02:14 PM   #23
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Reeka - I know what you mean, I had to duck out for a bit to do some work myself. Done now! I grew up in an actually NICE place in Virginia (not where I am now) that had many farms. Our house was waay away from town with farms, cornfields, cowfields, woods, etc. surrounding it. Got to know a lot of "farm" people. Heck, even though we didn't live on a farm my parents still had things like chickens, turkeys, peacocks, cats, dogs, even a goat once on the few acres that we lived on! My best friends lived on a farm. I have absolutely NO prejudices against that type of living. You can meet some of the best people in the world when you go out into the country. Everyone waves at you when you pass eachother on the road (gravel), everyone helps eachother out when the need arises, etc. I'd do anything to go back there!

------------------
Old 03-05-2001, 02:24 PM   #24
Reeka

WOW! Sounds like a wonderful place to grow up. I've nothing against farms--I just don't want someone to assume I'm from a farm just because of where I live. (I have actually never been on a farm). My actual town (Hueytown) is a small town. It is so nice to go to the store, or bank, or dry cleaners, or library, or whatever, and everyone knows who you are. Things seem so impersonal these days.

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death
Old 03-05-2001, 02:36 PM   #25
Black Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
Well, BK, since you asked. The stereotype goes that we all live on farms, are ignorant, uneducated, drive pickup trucks (not that there's anything wrong with pickup truck), and the worse--that we're all racists.

Same thing in Ohio . . . we all farmers, have cows, and farm machinery in the yard. Ok, so we DO, but no one makes fun of it for me. And trust me, Alabama doesn't have the Monopoly on Racism. Makes me sad

BK
Old 03-05-2001, 02:41 PM   #26
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I'm envious Reeka!

------------------
Old 03-05-2001, 02:46 PM   #27
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hi Reeka, I'm a yankee because I was born in Washington DC! Plus I grew up in LadyWendys area. Hence yep I'm a Yankee But my sister says I'm getting a southern accent, does that count?
Old 03-05-2001, 03:02 PM   #28
Reeka

LoA: No offense to you or LadyZeke, but to me people from North Carolina and Virginia don't sound very southern. I guess it's because y'all are from the "northern" part of the south.

Ohio? I think of big cities. I guess the reason people in Alabama are sensitive about the racism thing is because it seems like whenever there is anything on the national news about racisim they dredge up the news clips of the water hoses and dogs. Makes you feel embarrassed even though you had nothing to do with it. Yeah, racism, ageism, ethnicisim, sexism, (you name the particular ism) is very sad.

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death
Old 03-05-2001, 03:13 PM   #29
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Oh theres plenty here who sound southern Reeka! Theres a guy at work from SC that I can barely understand sometimes!
Old 03-05-2001, 03:23 PM   #30
Reeka

LoA: The guy from South Carolina--can anyone understand him bu another South Carolignian? (Oooo--am I getting into "regionism" or "accentism"?)

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death