Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2001, 09:59 PM   #1
JJ/newbie

I have done this here, after suddenly needing the info that a friend sent me over 6 months ago, I did not want to send it off willy-nilly w/o some sort of corroboration. Sometimes the governmental labyrinth works in your favor!
-sent to me last june-
Just thought I would share this with you, as you know I work in the ticket enforcement division and in the course of my investigation into fines, their payment methods, and how points are assessed against drivers licenses.

We discovered something very interesting, and it applies in all fifty states.
Read it and try, you have nothing to loose but the points on your license.
Here is how it works:

If you get a speeding ticket, go through a red light, etc., and you are going to get points on your license, then there is a method to ensure that you do not get the points applied.

When you get your fine, say $75, MAIL IT BACK IN- do not go in person, will not work, anyway, make out the check for $78, or some small amount over the fine. The system will then have to send you a check for the difference, but here is the trick!

********DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHECK!!!!*******

Frame it, throw it, points are not assessed to your license until all financial transactions are complete. If you do not cash the check, then the transactions are NOT complete. - However, the system has gotten its money and is happy and will not bother you anymore- besides, you have a reciept!.

This information came to our attention from our company's research into the database management used by state DMV's- which are all the same, more or less, since the systems must be able to share information nationwide.

Pass this info on to those who you wish to have it, and good luck in not needing it in the first place! - R.C., Ticket Enforcement Division

OK good people of the board, I have been sitting on this email for almost a year, and 2 months ago I got a routine speeding ticket and followed the above procedure. I have checked with the state, and had my insurance agent look as well. Points show up within 30 days of offense, if not sooner. So far, no points, municipality paid in full. I know not how long this information will remain accurate, as even governments upgrade eventually, but there you have it. Like my friend said in the email, you have nothing to loose but the points on your record, or maybe 2 or 3 bucks, worse case scenario. Power to the People!

------------------
When given a choice, take both.

Old 03-04-2001, 10:03 PM   #2
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Alright JJ! I'll have to keep that in mind! Better than the "I had to pee" excuse!!

------------------
Old 03-04-2001, 11:29 PM   #3
JJ/newbie

All I can say is, it' a little over 2 months, still no points on my sparklingly spotless driving record!

------------------
When given a choice, take both.

Old 03-05-2001, 12:13 AM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

LOL! JJ/newbie, glad to hear this trick also work in States...and I thought the system in Canada is sloooooow.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-05-2001, 12:18 AM   #5
Ziroc

I got a ticket in Orlando, we were leaving Churchstreet, playing lazertag and I was doing 74 in a 55. (yeah, ouch) ;( It was a 4-point violation, and cost me a whopping $269 bucks.

Did it make me slow down, did I learn my lesson? - Yep, I bought a radar detector

Ziroc

Old 03-05-2001, 12:21 AM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Technology is so nice when it works for you!

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-05-2001, 01:13 AM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LOL...Haven't ever had a ticket! EVER! No really! And not for lack of exceeding speed limits now and again. Just luck , I guess! But will keep this in mind. Of course I live in NY State and we all know if there's an exception to a rule it exists somewhere in NY!

CB

------------------
Storm-Queen
Purple Rose of the Black Knight
Old 03-05-2001, 04:27 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

In Australia, they are very strict

Radar detectors are NOT allowed, if you have one it's a criminal offence. Also there are speed and red light cameras everywhere

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Holy Flame