Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-01-2004, 11:16 AM   #1
Pinchit
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What is the best way of being able to carry more items? I'm always having to dump stuff? Can you enchant something to help? Also, I also become encumbered after tangling with certain undead monsters in the crypts(can't remember the names! - possibly bone walkers?) Is there a way of protecting against this?
Pinchit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 12:53 PM   #2
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Fortify Strength, continual effect enchanted onto items is the easiest way to do this.

You're being cursed, that's why you're being encumbered. Use restore strength potions to recover. If you look at your attributes, you'll see your strength highlighted in red.
Old 01-01-2004, 04:35 PM   #3
Oruboris

The stronger you are, the more you can carry. Be judicious about what you drag around with you. For instance, I only carry one sword at a time, and my soultrap dagger. When I need a bow or spear, I use the 'bound item' spells, or an amulet enchanted with constant effect bound weapons.

I also carry only restore health, restore magica, and a couple of other potions: for things like restore strength, the scrolls weigh less. Its also nice to enchant an item with all the 'restores' on it, to put all your stats back where they should be instantly. Not good during combat, but easier than lugging around all that extra stuff.

I HATE bonewalkers for their 'damage strength' attack! Irritating as it is in the early game, if you, any strength points you loose beyond 100 can't be restored.

And remember, any magic items boosting your strength or other attributes have to be removed before you can restore that attribute, whether you use a spell, potion, or altar.

And such items can keep the attribute score from showing up in red, as well: you need to know your numbers, and be aware if any of them drop.

Oru
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 05:27 PM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Apart from those things mention above. Feather Spell will also let you carry more items. 1% feather spell will minus 1bs. So 100% feather spell will minus 100bs. Constant Feather effect enchantment is best so that it provide that effect all the time.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 10:29 PM   #5
Userunfriendly
Elminster

Mad

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
Apart from those things mention above. Feather Spell will also let you carry more items. 1% feather spell will minus 1bs. So 100% feather spell will minus 100bs. Constant Feather effect enchantment is best so that it provide that effect all the time.
items that already come with feather are fine, the quest for the crazy woman in tel branora to get the ash yams will give you two daedric items that come with constant effect feather that effectively negate their weight...wonderful armor if you're into the daedric look...

but you're always better off fortifying strength, as one point of feather equals a pound less, but one extra point of strength allows you to carry several pounds more...and i think the enchantment is cheaper too...feather got heavily nerfed in the game...
Jansens aren\'t as harmless like everybody supposes! <br />They got them stumpy legs and puffy potato noses! <br />And what\'s with all the turnips? <br />Why do they eat so much root vegetables, anyway? <br />Jansens, Jansens,<br />It must be Jansens!!!<br />(or griffins!)
Userunfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 01:13 PM   #6
Pinchit
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks - that will help a lot.
Pinchit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 04:57 PM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I just pumped up my strength, by enchanting weapons and clothes with constant effect "fortify strength" spells. My strength is up to 200, and i can carry up to a thousand lbs, which is a big help when you're roaming around in Daedric ruins. No more traveling back and forth to sell all the picked up items all the time.
Old 01-02-2004, 06:00 PM   #8
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Question,In the xbox game how do you get constant effect fortify strength?Is it available?I havn't found anyone who can add that to an enchantment.
Old 01-02-2004, 09:05 PM   #9
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
My guess is that it works the same way as in the PC version. If you have a soulgem with a trapped soul from a Golden Saint, AND you have enough cash, you can go to an enchanter in any Magesguild, and he'll do it for you. If it's clothes you want to enchant, make sure it's exquisite clothing.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:24 PM   #10
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Enchanters at the temple can also enchant stuff for you.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote