Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-22-2001, 04:16 PM   #51
Kammy
Welcomed New User

Ladies, I would have to say Minsc, he gets so involved with what he does *wink* Also no one has mentioned Keldorn? He is not bad to look at and he has the nobility thing going on. Amomen was a bit whiny. Oh well, I know now that I have gone over the edge. Discussing the cuteness of computer characters. I need to get out more...anyone for a beer?
Old 01-22-2001, 05:35 PM   #52
cloudbringer

LOL! I discovered the joys of BGII about a month ago (after finishing IWD) and found this board while looking for walkthrough help about a week ago. Love this thread!

I didn't even realize they had the "romance" angles in this game til I read it in this forum, my female pc had pretty much told Anomen he was a turkey and dumped him! Besides, she's a fighter/cleric and the party needed more 'tanks'.

I do love the character interactions- when Jan tries to steal Boo- the "I'm dying gambit" what a hoot! LOL!

Anyway, to answer the original question in the thread, Valygar- he has a quiet, mysterious, brooding, quality without being totally depressing. Haer'Dalis- what a flirt, a little 'dangerous' as someone else mentioned! Great voice, too. And Anomen-yes he's incredibly self-absorbed, a whiner...uh, wait a minute, I was looking for his good points, wasn't I?! Well, having run back through the beginning of the game with a different class (skald) PC just to try other npc's in the party, I went along with the nice answers to Anomen's constant chatter I did so want to tell him I wasn't interested in flowers while prepping for a battle, though!) and had him declare his undying devotion to my pc. Kind of romantic, really. Of course if anyone *actually* said some of those lines to me (as opposed to a computer generated PC), I'd be falling on the floor laughing...might ruin the mood, don't you think?! The "captain of my soul" line had me in stitches, but hey, the line about holding, carressing and lay with him in the night...kind of sexy!!

Old 01-22-2001, 05:55 PM   #53
"Hell Lich" Wah

Are you joking! Valygar?! He talks abut just as much as a brick wall! Never mind. But to tell the truth I would rather had a cup of soup as a partner than him:

the soup is warming, satisfying, soothing and tasty!!

(much more qualities than Valygar has!!)

Old 01-22-2001, 06:10 PM   #54
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Don't listen to him Cloudbringer. Hell Lich Wah won't be satisfied until we all say Keldorn!
Old 01-22-2001, 06:34 PM   #55
cloudbringer

Har! Keldorn, huh? Well, he's ok. Married, though. Without spoiling-don't know *what* his status is after his sidequest (my pc told him to uphold the law-really wanted the npc in the party-didn't want to risk losing him with 'wrong' answer).

Anyway, he is appealing, after a fashion. Nice solid character, sure of himself. Heck, why not?! You listening, Bioware? Give us ladies a few CHOICES...sheesh! (grin)

Old 01-22-2001, 06:35 PM   #56
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

After about fifty or so replies I counted how many votes there were...

Valygar: 4 votes
Haer Dalis: 3 votes
Jan Jansen: 1 vote
Cernd: 2 votes
Anomen: 3 votes
Keldorn: 4 votes
Minsc: 4 votes
Edwin: 2 votes
Kivan: 1 vote
Korgan: 1 vote

so lemme get this straight, you make fifty entries with each entry able to make up to five votes (lets see, thats a possible 250 votes) to vote 25 times?!? You girls talk too much and vote too little... Oh well, I hope this tally helps you all...

So Valygar, Minsc, and Keldorn are tied for first place, which do you think is best?

Next in line are Haer Dalis and Anomen, which is your favorite?
Old 01-22-2001, 06:40 PM   #57
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

for me i would have to say "no comment"

honestly ... i dont know what a woman likes from a guy... drives me nuts just trying to think about it.
Old 01-22-2001, 06:44 PM   #58
cloudbringer

Ok ArmageddonX-

votes! (grin)

1. Valygar (just beef up his communication skills...but IMO he is far more appealing than the soup! LOL!)

2. Haer'Dalis (I'm trying to imagine the "come away from the group a minute" speech he'd have. love those rougues!)

Old 01-22-2001, 06:50 PM   #59
G.W.

How come not one vote for Yoshimo?

Old 01-22-2001, 07:18 PM   #60
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Cloudbringer, I agree that we don't have a whole lotta choices to vote from. Oh Armageddonx, stop counting your fingers, we gals like to chat! There are so few of us out here on this board as it is! Also, if your tallying it looks like G.W. has a vote for Yoshimo. My vote stays the same, Cernd.